ReputationRep:
    how long will this warning point remain with my profile? I want to get it away. Is there any possible way? I want to know more about the rules of using this site.

(Original post by Makubex)
    how long will this warning point remain with my profile? I want to get it away. Is there any possible way? I want to know more about the rules of using this site.
    It will disappear after a few days provided you don't break more rules and accumulate more. You get temporarily banned if you accumulate 15. I don't see a warning point near your profile though.

Rules: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=rules
    Detailed rules: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=tsr_cat

Warning and infractions: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq....cy_infractions

Any other queries relating to your warning, post in Ask a Moderator.

ReputationRep:
    You don't currently have any active warnings - notice that your 'postbit' (the area above your post showing your username, etc.) doesn't include "Warning points: X". However, your expired warnings will remain with your account permanently, I'm afraid, and are often a important reference for future moderation decisions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    You don't currently have any active warnings - notice that your 'postbit' (the area above your post showing your username, etc.) doesn't include "Warning points: X". However, your expired warnings will remain with your account permanently, I'm afraid, and are often a important reference for future moderation decisions.
    I just noticed my warning point is gone. The last part of your reply broke my heart.

I just noticed my warning point is gone. The last part of your reply broke my heart.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    Why?
    Like they said future mod decision depends on past warnings received. So even if I qualify someday to become a mod, the admins won't promote me bcuz of these warnings and other related issues.

Like they said future mod decision depends on past warnings received. So even if I qualify someday to become a mod, the admins won't promote me bcuz of these warnings and other related issues.

Whilst having a warnings history does not automatically rule you out from being a moderator, you have to have proved that you are now a positive contributor to the site.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq....me_a_moderator

By "future mod decisions" they mean future decisions on how many warnings points to dish out, how to handle the user, whether an alert should be given instead of a warning (first time offender) or whether they get a temporary or permanent ban.

ReputationRep:
    One/two warning points doesn't rule anyone out if you are eight for the role then you'll likely be picked :yes: don't let it stop you making a positive contribution to the site, everyone makes mistakes!

I think AGI explains this point well. But as I recall, there is a user on TSR who got promoted to moderator (he is not a mod any more) within weeks of receiving a warning for advertising.

Its fine if you made a mistake. You are unlikely to repeat it again. Warning points are taken seriously if you keep repeating the same offence over and over again, which automatically means that you are ignoring the rules, and no one really wants this person to be a mod tbh. Moderation decisions doesn't only involve promoting a user to a mod.

My suggestion is that you read the rules and posting guidelines of this site. Then read the the posting guidelines of a relevant forum (if there is one), as those guidelines are specific to that forum.

Remember to make a positive contribution to the site and avoid the breaking any rules. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Oh thanks everyone, you guys are so helpful. Now honestly speaking, I just joined the site few months ago, and the links which you have all given me, well combined together they all seems like a huge book makes me afraid thinking when I will finish reading them. That was my first points on the site and now its removed so I shouldn't worry too much. And about being a mod I think I will leave it upto 'luck'. And the neg rep above made me :'( tadaz

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.