Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently studying "Bsc (Hons) Mathematics with Computing" at Plymouth University. I don't like Maths and wanted to do Physics. I had the right A-level grades to study Physics at Exeter University. However I changed my course option through UCAS extra because i didn't think i'd make the grade and wasn't sure i'd be able to do a degree in Physics. I've almost finished the term, i'm not enjoying the degree, i'm not enjoying where I live although I do like the independence and I don't have any friends I meet with on a regular basis. I do go home on a weekend where I usually try and see my old friends but they never seem to be doing anything. My exams are going fine but i've yet to do one which I have not had a practice test for. I can't quit the course because then I won't have the money to pay for the rent i'm tied into for another 7 months. I don't want to stay on because I have zero interest in the subjects i'm studying. I'm not sure if i'd have to quit right now to try and get into another university next year. What do I do?

ReputationRep:
    have u looked into possibilities of transfereing within the uni?
    otherwise maybe it's better to quit and make the deadline for application this january..

ReputationRep:
    Plymouth don't do a physics course unfortunately. Also I'm not sure how employers feel about a degree from Plymouth compared to one from Exeter.

ReputationRep:
    maybe u can ask a tutor or student guidance? you could look into the matter and then see whats what, since u should be studying something that u think is interesting

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.