The Student Room Group

will this sound good at my interview? worth it?

atm I'm doing maths, chemistry, physics and biology. However, I'm going to drop biology and take f.maths. (I'm tutored for my f.maths) I took f.maths 2 months into the academic year so I'm a bit late

Would it sound good to say something smart such as: "I dropped biology and took f.maths later on in the year, this was because I developed a late interest in mathematics and it shows how determined I am" etc.

The interviewer cannot tell if I have been tutored, I could say I self taught further maths AS 3 months before I was going to sit it because I was that interested in the subject

Would this give me say.. an upper-hand and give me more to talk about?

it is very early on but I can see a good side to me dropping a subject

I was told by my teacher that it would look very bad to drop a subject this late in the year, how would I explain it to the man/woman interviewing me?

thank you for all the fruitful replies
(edited 13 years ago)
Are you in Y13 and picking up AS FM having already acquired a grade in AS Biology, your post was a little ambiguous? I am assuming you have an impending University interview which would mean that you should have already mentioned in your PS why exactly you have picked up FM.

More details would be helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending