Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    write ionic equations to show the oxidation and reduction processes that are going on within these reactions:

a) Cl2 (g) + 2KBr (aq) > 2KCl (aq) + Br2 (g)

b) Mg (s) + 2HCl (aq) > MgCl2 (aq) + H2 (g)

c) Fe(s) + CuSO4 (aq) > FeSO4 (aq) + Cu(s)

thankyou

ReputationRep:
    dont no sorry

ReputationRep:
    a) Cl2 + 2Br- --> Br2 + 2Cl-
    b)Mg2+ + 2Cl- --> MgCl2
    c) Fe2+ + SO4 2- --> FeSO4

i have no idea if thats right but i thought id try and help

ReputationRep:
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    i realy dont no. im helping my older brother who needs his papers in for tomorrow but his dog was run over this moning and he is in bits. just trying to get a few Q done for him. any help would be brill. thanks, Sarah

ReputationRep:
    a) Cl2 (g) + 2[K]+[Br]- (aq) > 2([K]+[Cl]-) (aq) + Br2 (g) Bromide oxidised to Bromine, Chlorine reduced to Chloride

b) Mg (s) + 2([H]+[Cl]-) (aq) > [Mg]2+2[Cl]- (aq) + H2 (g) Magnesium oxidised, Hydrogen reduced

c) Fe(s) + [Cu]2+[SO4]2- (aq) > [Fe]2+[SO4]2- (aq) + Cu(s) Iron oxidised, Copper reduced, are you sure this one is Iron (II) rather than Iron (III)?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    This looks like you are asking someone else to do your homework for you, and it is not going to be me What you have to do is look for the specator ions, and romove them from the equations. Quote me if you need help doing that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beauty Queen)
    write ionic equations to show the oxidation and reduction processes that are going on within these reactions:

a) Cl2 (g) + 2KBr (aq) > 2KCl (aq) + Br2 (g)

b) Mg (s) + 2HCl (aq) > MgCl2 (aq) + H2 (g)

c) Fe(s) + CuSO4 (aq) > FeSO4 (aq) + Cu(s)

thankyou
    Write it as an ionic equation then remove the spectator ions

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.