Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    well topshop's beauty range has been around for a fair while now... just wondering what people's thoughts are of it? love it or hate it? any bits that you adore? or things to avoid?

from the bits ive tried, i do love it. their cream blushes are amazing.. well, apart from in winter, damn my patchy dry cheeks :pinch: i really want to try the nail varnishes but im not sure ill be as impressed (they seem a bit too watery? the colour range is beautiful though).

the only thing im not so impressed with is the cream eyeshadows. i adore cream-based makeup, so was excited to see what topshop had to offer. did a cheeky instore swatch, and it wasnt pleasant. so much glitter took a fair few scrubs to get rid of it from my hand...cant imagine the glittery damage it would do to your face!

ReputationRep:
    love because its easy to apply, especially the eye crayons. I wouldn't buy the nail varnishes because I'm a nails inc addict.
    I'm getting the gold cream eyeshadow for christmas but I want glitter so you know.

The Heavy Duty lipstain is amazing too but due to a cold I haven't been able to wear it for a while, dahm chapped lips

ReputationRep:
    Great colour products, but wary of the base (foundation etc) stuff. Same with lots of things that price really.

Their hazard lipstick is my current favourite thing in my make up bag, a brilliant strong but wearable matte red.

ReputationRep:
    yeah ive tried the lipstain and wasnt overly impressed! it goes on really patchy on my lips (clings to the drier bits and makes them look bloody and generally a bit nasty!)... stains your fingers really well though :rolleyes:

in terms of their face stuff, i am tempted by the highlighter though, have heard good things about it. not so sure about the lipsticks though, tried a lip crayon (vintage rose? or something like that) and it was really easy to apply but didnt have much staying power.

ReputationRep:
    love the liquid eyeliner - can't fault it! This is coming from a mac addict too.

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes like the clothes, but they are a bit pricey and the shop tends to full of vain people. It's not somewhere I like to go unless I'm with friends, because I feel self conscious around others.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    the cream blushes are amazing - i have the neon rose one (you know, the BRIGHT coral pink one) and you only have to use a tiny bit to get a natural wash of colour and it stays on for ages!

i had a lipgloss from there as well in the same colour which was really nice but really really really sticky, it just felt like i had honey on my lips - but the colour was beautiful (i lost it somewhere in the jungle that is my collection of bags)

all the eyeshadows seem to be a bit glittery, and i'm more of a shimmery kinda gal - so i'll steer clear of them.

i'm a cheap nail polish addict so i probably won't be getting much from their, but they do have a fabulous colour range

ReputationRep:
    I love the lip stain. Gonna try a few of their coloured mascaras too.

ReputationRep:
    I love the liquid liner I'm gonna try the mascaras in different colours too xD

ReputationRep:
    yep, i agree! the cream blushes are quite amazing ive got the neon rose one too, theres so much product and you barely need to apply any so they will last you a good time! i would only try them if you prefer a matte finish (they aren't the best on dry skin either)
    i've also tried the waterproof mascara in Raven, holds the curl very well and good separation, but an almighty bugger to remove! (worse than most waterproof mascaras)

ReputationRep:
    I love their nail polish, there colours are so good, the colours are just, sort of off the block colour which makes the colour so much nicer and fashionable, my favourite is the parma violet. I terms of it being watery, I have noticed that at all-perhaps just do 2 coats?, it takes a little bit of time to dry though. I also have the lip stick in a bright pink colour and I love it, it's really easy to apply, but I must agree it doesn't have much staying power. I think after looking at these comments i'm going to try the cream blusher, can anyone recommend a certain colour?? xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loonylottie)
    I love their nail polish, there colours are so good, the colours are just, sort of off the block colour which makes the colour so much nicer and fashionable, my favourite is the parma violet. I terms of it being watery, I have noticed that at all-perhaps just do 2 coats?, it takes a little bit of time to dry though. I also have the lip stick in a bright pink colour and I love it, it's really easy to apply, but I must agree it doesn't have much staying power. I think after looking at these comments i'm going to try the cream blusher, can anyone recommend a certain colour?? xx
    i have it in flush, which is more pinkish... but everyone raves about neon rose which is slightly more of a peachy pink... depends on your skin tone really but i recommend those two the lip stain (bitten berry) is also great as a pink blush, but im not so keen on it as a lip stain, my lips are a bit too dry for it.

yeah ive got two polishes now, love the colour range so think ill try more (just wish they werent so pricey!).. ive got utilitarian and a limited edition one which is dark green/purple two tone effect... its ace!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popple7)
    i have it in flush, which is more pinkish... but everyone raves about neon rose which is slightly more of a peachy pink... depends on your skin tone really but i recommend those two the lip stain (bitten berry) is also great as a pink blush, but im not so keen on it as a lip stain, my lips are a bit too dry for it.

yeah ive got two polishes now, love the colour range so think ill try more (just wish they werent so pricey!).. ive got utilitarian and a limited edition one which is dark green/purple two tone effect... its ace!
    Thanks, I know it's so annoying that their so pricey, but I think for an extra few pound I much prefer the colour and would wear it a lot more, but I also only have 2 the parma violet one (lilac) and the cloud one (grey)- which sound really weird but it's actually really nice xx

ReputationRep:
    I've tried a few of the nail polishes and LOVE the colours but I'm not a huge fan of the formula. It's quite streaky and difficult to apply compared with some other polishes.

If I really love the colour I just deal with it.

I want to try more of their products soon

ReputationRep:
    I've got their butterscotch cream blush and use it as a highlighter sometimes, but it's a bit dark for me. I really don't like the smell, though; it smells like.....a foul sneeze.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.