Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

30 Seconds to Mars - Hurricane Music Video Watch

ReputationRep:
    So this is a thread to start a discussion about the new video that all the fans have been waiting for (including myself).

They've posted it on youtube now, so go see it http://www.youtube.com/user/30Second.../0/3RLwuDQSkDI and then come back here.

What do u think? Do u dis/like it?
    What do u think it is about? I mean they've always been about pushing it over the edge and quirky but have they gone too far? is it too weird?
    Analyse and discuss!

ReputationRep:
    Personally I thought it was good, but what was that about the burning of the books? I mean they all burnt the books (the Qur'an,Tanakh and the Bible) themselves.
    And why was it a protestant priest and not from the catholic church?

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a weird video. Seems like Jared's getting really into the whole hidden meaning stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Bit of a weird video. Seems like Jared's getting really into the whole hidden meaning stuff.
    yeah but then it is also made by this director bartholomew, maybe it isn't all Jared's thoughts?
    I dunno I just thought it was really strange, some of it didn't even fit into it...I mean the birth/life/death part wasn't connected in my opinion didn't really understand it. Interesting video though I guess it's hard to decide on whether to like it or not. and what is up with this america thing when they're speaking from languages from all over the world

ReputationRep:
    I don't listen to 30STM, but a friend showed me the video - I thought it was really good

More arthouse than you'd expect from a mainstream rock act

ReputationRep:
    I think this is one of the best videos I have ever seen (and I'm not even a 30STM fan ––– well, I wasn't until now ), it's a true 21st Century masterpiece that will stand the test of time and be considered a timeless classic for decades to come.

The Director's Cut is even better than the Clean Version posted on YouTube - http://v.vevo.com/kwi

ReputationRep:
    And I gotta give props to Jared, his hard work on this stunning video really shows. I think I never gave him the credit he so clearly deserves.

I am so obsessed with this video. Though I must say he could have been wearing more clothes, it seemed like a cheap way to get all the women watching this vid. Though I don't think I'd bother with clothes either if I had a body like his.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.