Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I have obtained a fake ID yet have a few questions... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I recentley got a fake ID from my brother mate for 7 quid and it seems pretty real. (Drivers license).

Now, if i go into a shop and they say its fake, can/do they take it away and do the police get involved? If so whats the most severe consequence that i can expect?

Secondly, this ID seems pretty real, just the hologram seems a little of and it looks a tad faded (You kinda have to compare two cards to see this), anyone else who has fake ID that is of good quality, did it ever fail and if so, what part really gave it away?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yes they can and you'd probably just get a small fine if they bothered calling the police.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by triiden)
    I recentley got a fake ID from my brother mate for 7 quid and it seems pretty real. (Drivers license).

Now, if i go into a shop and they say its fake, can/do they take it away and do the police get involved? If so whats the most severe consequence that i can expect?

Secondly, this ID seems pretty real, just the hologram seems a little of and it looks a tad faded (You kinda have to compare two cards to see this), anyone else who has fake ID that is of good quality, did it ever fail and if so, what part really gave it away?

thanks
    Only use it in **** places, if you tried it in big clubs they might get the police involved. Though usually the most places do is take it off you

ReputationRep:
    I cant see how your gonna get a GOOD fake ID for 7 quid..

Not sure about the consequences, the person who supplies the ID usually gets into more serious trouble if im not mistaken.

Shopkeepers are allowed to take it off you and can get the police involved and its kind of illegal/wrong to 'run away' if they realise and ask you to wait for the police.
    Depends what shop, corner shops will be less likely to take it off even, or even care if its fake tbh.. i wouldnt try it in a club or big supermarket until youve tested it a few times.

ReputationRep:
    I had one, worked in pubs and shops but wouldn't work n clubs because they sometimes have scanners. this was when i was about 15 though...

ReputationRep:
    they probably just wont accept it.
    Its always better to just use ID of someone who looks similar to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    I cant see how your gonna get a GOOD fake ID for 7 quid..

Not sure about the consequences, the person who supplies the ID usually gets into more serious trouble if im not mistaken.

Shopkeepers are allowed to take it off you and can get the police involved and its kind of illegal/wrong to 'run away' if they realise and ask you to wait for the police.
    Depends what shop, corner shops will be less likely to take it off even, or even care if its fake tbh.. i wouldnt try it in a club or big supermarket until youve tested it a few times.
    Alright thanks,
    And it was from my brother's mate so i got a bit of a discount.

ReputationRep:
    Best form of ID is just getting someone who looks similar to you, and using there real ID (drivers license usually), if they wont let you borrow ask to buy one off them £20 to get a new drivers license made up maybe give a little tip for the trouble :P

ReputationRep:
    just say you got given it when you passed your driving test, therefore you thought it was legit

ReputationRep:
    please please be a mclovin one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles0ox)
    they probably just wont accept it.
    Its always better to just use ID of someone who looks similar to you.
    (Original post by teshnit)
    Best form of ID is just getting someone who looks similar to you, and using there real ID (drivers license usually), if they wont let you borrow ask to buy one off them £20 to get a new drivers license made up maybe give a little tip for the trouble :P
    My cousin's friend did this, borrowed my cousin's license; he was involved in a serious car accident with this ID on him and, because he was found with my cousin's license, police showed up at my aunt and uncle's door to tell them their son was in serious condition in hospital.

Unfortunately, my cousin actually was out at the time, so there was a lot of fuss and crying until he strolled in the front door. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    It's not one of those ones that has International Driving License or Motorcycle Driving Permit is it? I used to always spot them a mile off, we weren't allowed to take them away though only refuse the sale.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    My cousin's friend did this, borrowed my cousin's license; he was involved in a serious car accident with this ID on him and, because he was found with my cousin's license, police showed up at my aunt and uncle's door to tell them their son was in serious condition in hospital.

Unfortunately, my cousin actually was out at the time, so there was a lot of fuss and crying until he strolled in the front door. :rofl:
    :O not good!
    was the person okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipshot)
    It's not one of those ones that has International Driving License or Motorcycle Driving Permit is it? I used to always spot them a mile off, we weren't allowed to take them away though only refuse the sale.
    No, it's a proper(well not really) drivers license. Btw, what things were a dead give away to it being fake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles0ox)
    :O not good!
    was the person okay?
    He's got a pin in his leg, but he recovered more or less fine.

I don't know if my aunt and uncle were more pleased my cousin was all right or annoyed with the worry he put them through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    He's got a pin in his leg, but he recovered more or less fine.

I don't know if my aunt and uncle were more pleased my cousin was all right or annoyed with the worry he put them through.
    well as long as everyone is okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by triiden)
    No, it's a proper(well not really) drivers license. Btw, what things were a dead give away to it being fake?
    The user nervously stuttering.

ReputationRep:
    [Thread Locked]

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.