Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does my dress sound slutty? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm sixteen and my school dance is coming up,and I bought a dress from H&M and really liked it,as did my mum.But suddenly,I get home and worry that I'll look trashy.

Its a light champagne colour and is strapless and reaches to just above my knees.I plan to pair it with nude tights and low heels and have my hair down.
    It is quite fitted and has a gathered material that curves around the waist.(did that make sense?) I cant show a picture as it isnt on the website.

Opinions welcome.

ReputationRep:
    pics or gtfo

Also doesn't sound slutty, stop worrying about what others think.

ReputationRep:
    i think i've seen that one... a bit much maybe onits own? maybe you should have a short jacket with it

ReputationRep:
    I can imagine the kind of dress you mean as I've seen quite a few of them, and I don't think it sounds slutty at all. Everyone will be in similar stuff- in fact my dress to my school dance when I was your age was a purple, sparkly, incredibly low-cut number from Jane Norman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OddThings)
    Hi

I'm sixteen and my school dance is coming up,and I bought a dress from H&M and really liked it,as did my mum.But suddenly,I get home and worry that I'll look trashy.

Its a light champagne colour and is strapless and reaches to just above my knees.I plan to pair it with nude tights and low heels and have my hair down.
    It is quite fitted and has a gathered material that curves around the waist.(did that make sense?) I cant show a picture as the it isnt on the website.

Opinions welcome.
    I think it sounds like a nice dress and nude tights with a champagne dress would look classy not trashy! Also you say it comes almost down to your knees so it is in no way slutty. However if you don't love the dress then i would take it back as if your not 100% comfortable it may ruin your evening? Look around and if nothing else catches your eye then im sure you'l look fab anyway xxx

ReputationRep:
    What parts of you are being flashed, and what parts will be kept covered?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised... I expected lots of desperate guys to be begging for pics by now...
    Got pics? :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    I can see what you had for breakfast!

ReputationRep:
    Being new to this site,I can tell what questions I shoudnt ask,dont think I will ask a question like this again.Most answers I've had so far are useful but one or two...no.

ReputationRep:
    Being new to this site,I can tell what questions I shoudnt ask,dont think I will ask a question like this again.Most answers I've had so far are useful but one or two...no.
    lol

Without pics it's pretty hard to come up with a viable opinion.

I'm sure you'll look great, I think amsie hit it on the head with wearing a short jacket along with it.

ReputationRep:
    Tell it you'll wash it's mouth out with soap if it doesn't stop saying slutty things.

That's what you meant by "sound slutty," right?

ReputationRep:
    Hi

It is quite fitted and has a gathered material that curves around the waist.(did that make sense?) I cant show a picture as it isnt on the website.

Opinions welcome.
    if your mum wud let you wear it...id say its ok
    ...assuming your mother is rational and as protective as most

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Opinions welcome.
    I don't think it sounds slutty, and agree, it sounds very classy. As long as it's a champagne colour and not see through, I don't see anything wrong with it. And the cinching of the dress sounds really nice & most girls wear strapless dresses these days. All my dresses are strapless & I think they fit the nicest.

As long as the dress is long enough to cover your backside, you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    It's impossible to tell without pics, but it sounds okay, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I shop in H&M a lot, I'm sure I know which dress you're talking about. It's not slutty, it'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    "Reaches to just above my knees" definitely doesn't sound slutty.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the answers,sorry I couldnt post a picture.I wore it and it looked fine,nice actually xD

ReputationRep:
    Your dress just whispered sweet nothings into my ear! Scandal! (It sounds like a nice dress )

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Opinions welcome.
    So above your knees you're naked? No, that doesn't sound slutty at all...

ReputationRep:
    nahh doesn't sound slutty at all!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.