Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I have a question: there is a meeting for all applicants for one subject, e.g. physics or mathematics. What does the meeting look like? Do they explain the specific studies or do we have to get in groups and solve tasks and stuff like that?

maybe some of them who already had their interview can tell me that or somebody else?
    thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Have never heard of a group or any assessed task at one of these meetings. Usually they have a subject meeting before the interviews just to introduce the tutors, explain the format of the interviews and warn you against disclosing the questions to anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's really nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    They're trialling a 'group exercise' in Physics this year I believe, but I don't think it's formally part of the assessment until they evaluate how well it works.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.