Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When should stuff be sorted by ? The site goes live 11th Jan, right ? But how quick should stuff be sorted if you want a bigger 9 bed house ? And where do you go ?
    Also, what about those who have no one to go with for next year ? Are 2 people houses uncommon ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pmann)
    When should stuff be sorted by ? The site goes live 11th Jan, right?
    Nah, housing OPENS on the 11th. There are still people finding housing for this year now, there's no time limit. But generally try and have it sorted before you do your exams, around May-June - just so you don't have to worry about it during exams.

But how quick should stuff be sorted if you want a bigger 9 bed house ? And where do you go ?
    Back to fantasy dream land. There are VERY FEW 9 bed houses. Better off splitting into a group of 5 and 4 instead. You can try and go private, but because 9 bed houses are so rare, you'll get screwed over for costs.

Also, what about those who have no one to go with for next year ? Are 2 people houses uncommon ?
    There are loads of 2 beds, alternatively you can take up 2 empty rooms in a larger house.

ReputationRep:
    I've just secured a really nice 9 bed :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    We found an 11 room house :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Already sorted ours, got a nice 6 bed in Leam

ReputationRep:
    Guaranteed campus, baby

In a group application with one of my best friends!

ReputationRep:
    Some private landlords might have two houses next door to one another if you want a large place and can't find one Get in contact with Ken at the welfare office and he'll give you a list of good landlords and contact numbers.

ReputationRep:
    What dan says. I had a group of 11 this time last year, but we thought it'd be too tricky/ expensive finding a house for 11, not to mention the consideration of how messy it might get. So we found a 5 and a 6 right next door to each other. We just went into the various student estate agents and asked them and they gave us a list of 5s and 6s near each other.

ReputationRep:
    Have a spare room in leam if anyone is interested? Currently a second year living in a 5 bed. Living with 2 girls and 2 other guys at the moment - one of the girls is moving out at the end of the year. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EconKing)
    Have a spare room in leam if anyone is interested? Currently a second year living in a 5 bed. Living with 2 girls and 2 other guys at the moment - one of the girls is moving out at the end of the year. x
    I'm guessing you filled this slot ages ago?

I kind of need somewhere as I was planning to be living with just one guy next year but I'm not so sure about it anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaphrodite)
    I'm guessing you filled this slot ages ago?

I kind of need somewhere as I was planning to be living with just one guy next year but I'm not so sure about it anymore
    sorry, its filled.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.