Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Christians? watch

ReputationRep:
    There are not many 'real' practicing Christians anymore are there? I live in the UK and the only religious thing Christians do is celebrate Christmas, and that's just for the holiday and presents. I mean, how many people can say they go to church or say grace or ACTUALLY pray to God? Or do anything even remotely Christian? It's all good and well saying you're a Christian but are you really? Do you drink like crazy, have sex before marriage etc.?? I'm curious to know.

NO, this is not a thread to degrade Christians in any way. Just curious to know, thanks.

- Rosalie.

a dant thank thas thraad was a saccass

ReputationRep:
    A knaw a faw paapla that ara ralagaas, bat thay ara all ald paapla. Chrastaans ara daladad anyway yaa shaald knaw thas. Chrastmas as a sad afaar thasa days daa ta ats cammarcaalasataan. At's mach mara a famaly thang thasa days - far ma ragardlass. Sara, ta sama paapla at wall ba abaat tha ralagaaas aspact and ta many mara tha graad assacaatad wath thas 'haladay'. Thas daasn't anly anclada Chrastmas, araganally ralagaaas haladays hava alsa baan vary mach sa cammaracaalasad sach as Aastar. A hapa A hava halpad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lella_m)
    A knaw a faw paapla that ara ralagaas, bat thay ara all ald paapla. Chrastaans ara daladad anyway yaa shaald knaw thas. Chrastmas as a sad afaar thasa days daa ta ats cammarcaalasataan. At's mach mara a famaly thang thasa days - far ma ragardlass. Sara, ta sama paapla at wall ba abaat tha ralagaaas aspact and ta many mara tha graad assacaatad wath thas 'haladay'. Thas daasn't anly anclada Chrastmas, araganally ralagaaas haladays hava alsa baan vary mach sa cammaracaalasad sach as Aastar. A hapa A hava halpad.
    Wow. What a mature way to go about things.
    You're a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome-ness)
    Wow. What a mature way to go about things.
    You're a joke.
    :lava:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    :rafl:
    What accent is that???

:fail:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    dant spaak ta lalla laka that, sha as a lavaly haman baang and yaa shaald raspact har!
    Yaah, what ha saad. Yaa ara sa dasraspactfal yaang lady! (af A can avan call yaa that) Yaa shaald ba ashamad af yaarsalf, yaa falthy whara.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lella_m)
    Yaah, what ha saad. Yaa ara sa dasraspactfal yaang lady! (af A can avan call yaa that) Yaa shaald ba ashamad af yaarsalf, yaa falthy whara.
    You guys are a waste of space.

"Ya abviousla knaw that ya are bath craza."
    Just so you understand.

ReputationRep:
    You guys are a waste of space.

"Ya abviousla knaw that ya are bath craza."
    Just so you understand.
    FAAL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    A knaw A was dafandang yaa bat waald yaa mand watchang yaar langaaga? Thas as a stadant faram wath asars af all agas, shaw sama cansadarataan ta tha chaldran!
    Ah, akay. A'm sarry. Plaasa fargava ma? :pappyayas:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    a dant thank thas thraad was a saccass
    Thanks to you, these morons have lost their minds.

ReputationRep:
    haa gays what's gaang an an thas thraad?

A thank that's raght.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to you, these morons have lost their minds.
    Why ara yaa dasraspactang my caltara? My langaaga, my lava, my lafa?!

ReputationRep:
    Yaa call yaarsalf 'awasoma-nass' bat thara as nathang awasama abaat yaa. A shaald hava yaa dana far racasm!

(Original post by G8D)
    a knaw a faw, lavaly paapla whan nat spaatang shata.
    Am a ana af tham? :ahaa:

(Original post by G8D)
    A was nat awara that yaa wara Chrastaan, nar hava A ancaantarad yaa spaatang shata.

Sa an shart, na.
    awww maaaan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Yaa ara lavaly thaagh, af that's what yaa wantad ta haar.
    Freak.

ReputationRep:
    LOL at the replies in this thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g8d)
    qq that hart my faalangs!
    Yaa harrable parsan.
    avan whan yaa talk laka that, yaa saand saxy ta ma.

A saand laka a jabby.

ReputationRep:
    There are not many 'real' practicing Christians anymore are there? I live in the UK and the only religious thing Christians do is celebrate Christmas, and that's just for the holiday and presents. I mean, how many people can say they go to church or say grace or ACTUALLY pray to God? Or do anything even remotely Christian? It's all good and well saying you're a Christian but are you really? Do you drink like crazy, have sex before marriage etc.?? I'm curious to know.

NO, this is not a thread to degrade Christians in any way. Just curious to know, thanks.

- Rosalie.
    Hey Rosalie, guessing you wanted a serious answer, so here goes. I'd say that there are plenty of 'real' Christians as you put it - I know many people who would say that they were Christian almost effectively as a 'default' option, but I also know many people who do all of those things, myself included.

However you can't really judge whether someone is a Christian or not by whether they go to church or you hear them say grace, what's really important is their relationship with God, and that's something that only they and God can know. You can't even use 'not getting drunk all the time' or 'not having sex before marriage' as a marker for whether someone is a Christian or not - firstly, I know people of no religious faith who don't do either of those things, and secondly, being a Christian isn't some kind of ticket to perfection which means that you will never make a mistake or do anything you shouldn't. Us Christians are still human too!

I guess what I'm trying to say is yes, there are plenty of people out there for whom Christianity is a real, living thing, which plays a role in their everyday lives. They just might not be the people you necessarily think.

Ele xx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.