Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Harriet Harman showing us why any respectable British person hates Labour.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Harriet Harman congratulating benefit-claimants who send money back home....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...outs-home.html

Apologies for DM, but if any other newspaper had reported it i would have used their link.

ReputationRep:
    i ****ing swear this government is the most incompetent in the history of the ****ing world. everyone seems to be under the illusion that we are rich and always will be rich and the world is a safe and stable place. it's ****ing not and we must look after ourselves if any of us is to survive. we need to protect british interests on this planet (and i don't mean the white people of this country - i mean this country we are all a part of). if you think any different you are deluding yourself, or just plan retarded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by future_hopeful_uk)
    Harriet Harman congratulating benefit-claimants who send money back home....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...outs-home.html

Apologies for DM, but if any other newspaper had reported it i would have used their link.
    Oh dear god.

That's actually terrible, literally terrible. They should be allowed to do it, but to endorse it and indeed ask for legislation to encourage it? Pure political canvassing of minority votes in her constituency. She would never put this into place if she was in any position to - why didn't she suggest it when she was in government?

(Original post by Broderss)
    i ****ing swear this government is the most incompetent in the history of the ****ing world. everyone seems to be under the illusion that we are rich and always will be rich and the world is a safe and stable place. it's ****ing not and we must look after ourselves if any of us is to survive. we need to protect british interests on this planet (and i don't mean the white people of this country - i mean this country we are all a part of). if you think any different you are deluding yourself, or just plan retarded.
    Harriet Harman is from the Labour party, dearie....

ReputationRep:
    You cant blame the current coalition Government for the lunacies of one Labour MP....
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Well Labour is the main party to benefit from foreign voters so no wonder she is doing this

ReputationRep:
    Well, we already spend on international aid, I guess. Still, I can't really see what the major fuss is about here. If that money is keeping starving babies alive then I'd rather it was spent on that than on.. well, pretty much anything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    If that money is keeping starving babies alive
    They shouldnt be having babies if they can't feed them!

ReputationRep:
    Don't see any problem with it, they claim benefits according to their rights and so they can do whatever the hell they like with it, but they can't come crying about not having enough though.

Might as well say giving charity to people abroad in poor countries is a bad thing

ReputationRep:
    That's a ridiculous thing to say. That statement is simply a mark of how cushy we have it in this country. In many African countires, contraception is not available. Families need children to help farm and for general labour. Furthermore, it's hardly the baby's fault that their parents decided to have it, is it? So we should allow babies to die simply because their parents made a bad call by having them? That's not even counting for natural disasters, locusts destroying crops, and thousands of other potential hazards...

ReputationRep:
    Meh.

This isn't actually as sensationalist as you think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AskMeAnything)
    Harriet Harman is from the Labour party, dearie....
    still exemplifies what retards we have to run the government.

ReputationRep:
    We shouldn't strip away the rights and joys of having children based on their income. Besides they might not be able, for whatever reason, to get hold of contraception

ReputationRep:
    As a Labour supporter, this almost made switch allegiances. Almost.

ReputationRep:
    Their children are over here already. If they have a right to live here and claim benefits, why on earth would their children be anywhere else? The fact that their unemployment rate is so high, and they send everything they do earn out of our economy, is just a host of reasons why they aren't very beneficial to this country. Harriet Harman is the biggest pleb ever.

ReputationRep:
    Encouraging the nanny-state and dependancy handouts...:facepalm:

Words cannot describe how wrong that is.

ReputationRep:
    Nice source. Has it got tomatoes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    Their children are over here already. If they have a right to live here and claim benefits, why on earth would their children be anywhere else? The fact that their unemployment rate is so high, and they send everything they do earn out of our economy, is just a host of reasons why they aren't very beneficial to this country. Harriet Harman is the biggest pleb ever.
    Their sons and daughters may be here, but if so it seems strange that they would send their benefits home rather than spend them on their children, doesn't it?

Anyway, they may have extended family including children (nephews, nieces, cousins) living in poverty in their home country.

"They aren't very beneficial to this country" - well I'm sure many white Americans would have said that about black people 100 years ago, wouldn't they? A group with low employment back then, certainly. But why don't you ask what the UK, a rich country, can do for others rather than the other way around? Innocent people die in poverty every day, a lot of people here are simply too pig-headed and cosy to either think or care about it.

Frankly I can't believe that a student website is sounding so overwhelmingly Daily Mail-esque. Sort it out, guys.

ReputationRep:
    still exemplifies what retards we have to run the government.
    What retards there are in the Labour Party, more like.

Milliband, Harman, Johnson. They all look and act awfully. A decade out of power, I give the Labour party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    We shouldn't strip away the rights and joys of having children based on their income. Besides they might not be able, for whatever reason, to get hold of contraception
    Fancy popping back down to earth?

Babies-cost-money....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Encouraging the nanny-state and dependancy handouts...:facepalm:

Words cannot describe how wrong that is.
    You're so Conservative that it's ridiculous. If that money is being used to educate people in the Third World, and to keep people alive, then I don't mind that I will be a little lower on income and unable to get that Xbox, or iPod, or whatever material thing. Life is more important that wealth.

Typical Daily Mail sensationalising it to make it seem like all immigrants are doing it to mock us all and our system.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.