Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think i have mental health issues Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok to save me going anonymous i have created a new account. I'll try and keep my story as straight and simple as possible.

I never seem to get on with people. I can never keep relationships and always eventually fall out with friends. I was physically and verbally bullied throughout school until I started learning how to be aggressive and stick up for myself, however I still always seem to fall out with people every time I have a "new start". I go in thinking I'll be nice and friendly and try to change myself but it never works. Its not that I'm usually a nasty person but I seem to have the bad luck of someone being a complete ******** to me for no reason and it completely changes things. For the first few weeks of uni I got on with everyone, then after falling out with one person a lot of other people followed suit. This seems to happen everywhere. I don't think there is a place I haven't ever experienced a social problem. At home, I used to have an abusive father but my parents split, and for the last decade or so I've had a step father and we both hate each other.

I'm often seen as odd or eccentric, no matter how normal I try to come across. I have been told I have a distorted view on things as I look at things completely different to everyone else. I sometimes have trouble putting my views across; this is a good example. I look at my dad and see that he is wierd, even though I don't even notice it in myself. I just don't understand other people and know how or understand what is normal. I have started getting hate for other people especially the fake popular people. I've never wanted to be popular but just to be accepted.

I hope I have explained enough.

ReputationRep:
    I used to think the same, you're normal, dont worry.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't sound like a mental health issue, but this is just the internet.

If your not managing to function, see a doctor. If you can function, you're fine.

ReputationRep:
    If you believe you have mental health issues, then go see a professional. There's no piece of advice that comes from a bunch of 19 year olds that will make you feel better about yourself.

Well, there might be, but you'd be lucky to get something like that. You're unhappy, you think you're doing it to yourself, and if you're that fed up about it, go see your uni counsellor.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing in there hints at a mental health issue.

You have a social interaction issue. Find a new group of people, and try not to alienate them. There's whole libraries of books on how to "fit in", written by various people with fake PhD's and a message to sell.

If you really think you've got faulty wiring going on up there, see your doctor. Personally I think you're fine.

ReputationRep:
    I diagnose you with bipolar disorder.

Aaaand on a serious note, I think you sound like a normal person who keeps getting unlucky. Maybe put some more effort into future relationships and try to forgive people for things they do (as in,dont let your self be walked on, but try to let things pass). Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    Mental health issues =/= socially inept.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.