Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can eating badly one day affect you losing weight? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm asking because currently i'm in the process of losing a lot of weight and so far it's going really well. However, today I cracked. I have eaten THREE french waffles today. Everything else was perfectly normal - fruit, vege protein etc.

I just feel extremely guilty, and like crap. I'm gonna make sure this doesn't happen tomorrow. I need to rid of all the french sweet foods i have in my house.

could this affect my weight?

ReputationRep:
    Hardly, maybe a pound or two at most!

ReputationRep:
    no, but you should start cycling roids to be on the safe side

ReputationRep:
    just make sure you don't do it again and again and again xD
    it gets the best of us ):

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brecon)
    Urgh, don't chat ****.

You're not going to gain 2 pounds ffs, unless you eat like 7000 surplus cals (1 pound is 3500 cals, 2 x 3500 + 1500 (the normal amount you're meant to eat).

ReputationRep:
    That's too much!!! :afraid::bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignFreak)
    just make sure you don't do it again and again and again xD
    it gets the best of us ):
    Alright, Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Id assume that at worst it would slow down your weight loss a little bit. but when I read this thread title I thought you meant a day filed with al bad meal and snack. That would affect it I don't think this will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boba)
    Id assume that at worst it would slow down your weight loss a little bit. but when I read this thread title I thought you meant a day filed with al bad meal and snack. That would affect it I don't think this will
    hopefully :erm:

what's making me feel worse is the fact that my mum pointed out that she has noticed i have put on a lot of weight since the summer and cos i'm trying to lose the weight i've put on, it just made me feel horrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBYoungLady)
    hopefully :erm:

what's making me feel worse is the fact that my mum pointed out that she has noticed i have put on a lot of weight since the summer and cos i'm trying to lose the weight i've put on, it just made me feel horrible.
    I don't know what you look like to comment on if you need to loose weight or not.and I don't know if you mum intended her comment in a spiteful way or not but if you have been trying to loose weight and you've eat "bad" things on one occasion don't feel bad. just don't let it make you feel like you can't do it and give up nobody is perfect and as long as you stick with it for the most part you will eventually reach your goal

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. It's only if you keep eating lots over and over again that you'll gain weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boba)
    I don't know what you look like to comment on if you need to loose weight or not.and I don't know if you mum intended her comment in a spiteful way or not but if you have been trying to loose weight and you've eat "bad" things on one occasion don't feel bad. just don't let it make you feel like you can't do it and give up nobody is perfect and as long as you stick with it for the most part you will eventually reach your goal
    i really do - i'm STONES overweight and she didn't. I guess her comment made me feel even more guilty

ReputationRep:
    Crash days are important, and you should factor them into your diet so you don't get despondent. Consistently under-eating calories can just slow down your metabolism over time, so you are absorbing more from less, so crash days are an effective way to bring the speed back up. If you went 6 months on a low calorie diet, taking 1 day off per week, that would be far more effective than a month taking no days off. If you fall off the wagon enjoy it and get back on.

ReputationRep:
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with indulging in a treat once in a while. It's perfectly fine and I'd actually recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.diet-blog.com/08/have_a_d..._your_diet.php

ReputationRep:
    Thank you - this made me feel better

ReputationRep:
    i really do - i'm STONES overweight and she didn't. I guess her comment made me feel even more guilty
    if you really are stones over weight then you really do need to have things like that every now and then anyway. if it isn't just a few extra pounds but a significant amount of weight then you need a permanent change not a diet and completely cutting out everything high in fat or calories isn't realistic for most people and it makes them more likely to fail. make small changes over time so you gradually get used to eating different and your goal should be more achievable and don't tell your self your never allowed to eat certain things it will just make you want them more. and don't feel guilty your doing this for you no one else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Urgh, don't chat ****.

You're not going to gain 2 pounds ffs, unless you eat like 7000 surplus cals (1 pound is 3500 cals, 2 x 3500 + 1500 (the normal amount you're meant to eat).
    I meant if she ate it several days in a row, since the average waffle is around 150-450 calories therefore she was way under the number required to gain any weight.

ReputationRep:
    I meant if she ate it several days in a row, since the average waffle is around 150-450 calories therefore she was way under the number required to gain any weight.
    So if someone binge eats everyday they'll put on weight? Duh. She didn't ask about 'several days', she asked about eating badly on ONE day.

ReputationRep:
    I'm asking because currently i'm in the process of losing a lot of weight and so far it's going really well. However, today I cracked. I have eaten THREE french waffles today. Everything else was perfectly normal - fruit, vege protein etc.

I just feel extremely guilty, and like crap. I'm gonna make sure this doesn't happen tomorrow. I need to rid of all the french sweet foods i have in my house.

could this affect my weight?
    the only thing that matters when losing weight is the net amount of calories you consume per day or per week and the net loss of calories from exercise etc. as long as you keep the gain and loss of calories equal you will remain the same weight. if you create a net deficit of 500 calories a day you should lose 1lb of fat per week - regardless of whether your diet consists completely of mcdonalds or completely of salad.

so, as long as you counter these extra calories by eating slightly less later this week or doing a bit more exercise you will be ok.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.