Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi, I'm Rosalie. I'm a girl, 17. I've had wuite a few boyfriends so far, most of them long term. The thing is, I've made the decision to wait until I'm married to have sex but no guy wants to wait. I get the whole teen guy thing and wanting to try new things, have sex etc. But seriously.. Does NO ONE wait anymore? Girls or guys? Wow. I'm v. confused.

Thanks. <3

ReputationRep:
    I'm hungry.

In other news, yes some guys wait but due to social, cultural and hormonal reasons they are few and far between. Maybe have a look around America? Or hit in religious guys, because they might share your values and that would be nice.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a virgin!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi, I'm Rosalie. I'm a girl, 17. I've had wuite a few boyfriends so far, most of them long term. The thing is, I've made the decision to wait until I'm married to have sex but no guy wants to wait. I get the whole teen guy thing and wanting to try new things, have sex etc. But seriously.. Does NO ONE wait anymore? Girls or guys? Wow. I'm v. confused.
    Why should they wait?

More importantly, why should people even get married?

ReputationRep:
    Very few people wait until marriage. The most likely place you will find people who are waiting is at church/mosque/other religious institution tbh. Even fewer non-religious people will wait, so you may well find things difficult, but if it means that much to you, stick to your guns.

ReputationRep:
    why have you gona anonymous if you're telling us your name is 'rosalie'

ReputationRep:
    Well to some people it isnt important. Its a religious thing and looking at how religious most of society is, then its not exactly shocking.

I didnt even care it was my first time particularly let alone not being married (apart from the nerves of course) I dont set much store behing the importance of first times. To me a first time is no different to a hundreth time. Its still sex.

ReputationRep:
    Good for you! Seriously.

ReputationRep:
    I am a virgin

ReputationRep:
    Why exactly should people wait?

ReputationRep:
    So are you religious, or just waiting for the hell of it?

ReputationRep:
    No, waiting is for weirdos

lol how many long term relationships can you have had at 17?

This is my thread from a year ago, you may find it helpful

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...x+and+marriage

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=a_t;28884459]No, waiting is for weirdos

lol how many long term relationships can you have had at 17?[/QUOTE]

This..

OP 3months does not equate long term.

+ if you really only want sex after marriage go to a Church or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cold_sky)
    So are you religious, or just waiting for the hell of it?
    No, I'm hardly religious at all. And no I'm not waiting 'for the hell of it'. I think it would be more special if I wait. I guess not many people see eye to eye with me on this. Ah well. I didn't expect much!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Threepigs;28884545]
    (Original post by a_t)
    No, waiting is for weirdos

lol how many long term relationships can you have had at 17?[/QUOTE]

This..

OP 3months does not equate long term.

+ if you really only want sex after marriage go to a Church or something.
    Do you realise what you just said was extremely condescending?
    + I'd say long term is around 6 months? No?

And by the way, please don't speak to me like I'm a child. I've been dating since I was 14. Not that it's any of your business.

ReputationRep:
    im 25 virgin waiting until marriage. if your gonna wait you have to be VERY clear about your reasons why, or else it is all do easy to give up in the heat of the moment or if your bf threatens to dump you. prepare not to date AT ALL until you are within a year or 2 of practical marrying age - it is too hard to stay in relationship over 2 yrs with nothing sexual. be clear on ur boundaries too. im catholic btw. [email protected] my post histry for my struggles,all my bfs cheted me cos of this &only muslim gys respect it

ReputationRep:
    Not many people wait until marriage to have sex now and for good reason. As someone else has said, your best approach would probably be to meet someone via a religious institution, but bare in mind that person is probably a virgin just because their religion tells them to be, rather than them really wanting to wait until marriage.

ReputationRep:
    i've been dating since 14
    what age do you want to get married? realistically n financially do u want finish uni first?travel? develop your identity? can u afford a wedding? where do u see a relationship at 14/17 going unless you rush marriage rely young to have sex? if u date ur solemate age 17 but dont wana marry til 25 how are u gona hold out that long? why date if u arent ready to marry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome-ness)
    No, I'm hardly religious at all. And no I'm not waiting 'for the hell of it'. I think it would be more special if I wait. I guess not many people see eye to eye with me on this. Ah well. I didn't expect much!
    I do! I'm not religious either, to me it just seems logical - if you're not ready for the responsibility of children then you shouldn't be having sex. And I would hate to have children if I weren't married

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.