Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to make a cup of tea or coffee? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Genuine thread. I'm not a tea nor a coffee drinker. So...err...how do you make tea or coffee?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    boil kettle.

add teabag/coffee granules, then milk and sugar to taste.

pour boiling water in and stir.

ReputationRep:
    Tea = Place teabag into mug. Pour over just boiled water to about 1 inch below the rim. Let the teabag sit in the water until it reaches the required strength (about 2 mins is my preference.) Take out tea bad, pour in milk til liquid is 1cm below rim.

Coffee = Ask barista for latte/cappucino/americano.

ReputationRep:
    tea... everyone taste differs, theres normally instructions on the packet anyway. i generally put a tea bag in a mug (possibly two depending on how big it is), pour boiling water in, agitate/squeeze the tea-bag until its the right strength/colour then take the teabag out. add a couple of tea-spoons of sugar, add some milk. i personally can't drink tea where the teabags/leaves have been left to sit in the water for ages (more than 30 seconds), it just tastes really quite bitter.

coffee, depends what sort of coffee you're making. i personally don't drink it though so can't really advise you as i rarely make it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks people, you rock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    Genuine thread. I'm not a tea nor a coffee drinker. So...err...how do you make tea or coffee?

Thanks!
    You Will Need
    .1 CUP
    1 TEABAG
    2 SPLASHES OF MILK
    HOT KETTLE WATER
    SUGAR
    SPOON
    1) Boil in the kettle enough water to almost fill your cup. 2) Get your cup and put in a teabag. 3) Add the water to your teabag in the cup. 4) Leave to brew for 1minute. 5) Take out the teabag when it has brewed. 6) next add in the milk to the water 2 splashes appprox. 7) Get a spoon and put in some sugar 1tb-5 max. 8)_ stir your tea with a spoon. 9) ENJOY!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markberry91)
    You Will Need
    .1 CUP
    1 TEABAG
    2 SPLASHES OF MILK
    HOT KETTLE WATER
    SUGAR
    SPOON
    1) Boil in the kettle enough water to almost fill your cup. 2) Get your cup and put in a teabag. 3) Add the water to your teabag in the cup. 4) Leave to brew for 1minute. 5) Take out the teabag when it has brewed. 6) next add in the milk to the water 2 splashes appprox. 7) Get a spoon and put in some sugar 1tb-5 max. 8)_ stir your tea with a spoon. 9) ENJOY!
    Thanks Mark appreciate that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    Thanks Mark appreciate that
    Hey No Problem glad I could Help You Mate.

ReputationRep:
    Tea, and my method is slightly strange:

1) Put smidge of milk in bottom of the mug.
    2) Boil the water.
    3) Place teabag in a small sieve, and pour water through the bag into the mug.
    4) Tip teabag into the mug and leave to stew for five minutes.
    5) Get a spoon and squeeze the hell out of the teabag by pushing it against the side of the mug.
    6) Remove teabag and place in bin.
    7) Wait for tea to cool down, then drink.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    Tea, and my method is slightly strange:

1) Put smidge of milk in bottom of the mug.
    2) Boil the water.
    3) Place teabag in a small sieve, and pour water through the bag into the mug.
    4) Tip teabag into the mug and leave to stew for five minutes.
    5) Get a spoon and squeeze the hell out of the teabag by pushing it against the side of the mug.
    6) Remove teabag and place in bin.
    7) Wait for tea to cool down, then drink.
    Thanks TSR (like what you did with the username there) nice to see you again
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Different people have different methods, personally I do this:

Teabag in empty cup
    Add boiling water
    Let tea infuse
    Take teabag out
    Add sugar to taste
    stir
    add milk to taste
    stir
    drink.

ReputationRep:
    Any of you drink tea NOT from teabags?
    And you just have to experiment to find what you like the most

ReputationRep:
    Step 1: go to starbucks.

ReputationRep:
    Don't listen to the milk firsters, they are wrong. Even Orwell agrees
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Tea :

-get cup, or mug, whichever you prefer (although can a cup actually BE a mug? Surely they're interchangeable, no?)
    -put tea-bag in cup/mug
    -boil kettle (with water in it, not dry, you'd break your kettle)
    -when kettle has boiled, fill aforementioned mug/cup about 3 quarters full with the boiled water
    -get spoon and stir the tea-bag around in the cup, squeezing it against the side of the cup a few times
    -add some milk to the cup, keep stirring, stop adding milk when tea becomes desired colour (weak is light brown, strong is dark brown)
    -remove tea-bag from cup
    -add a teaspoon-ful of honey and stir (some people prefer sugar. Most people, in fact. I was raised on having honey in my tea though).

et voila!

coffee

-take mug/cup
    -add 1 teaspoon-ful of coffee granuals to cup
    -boil kettle (again, with water in it)
    -when water is boiled, add to cup, about 3 quarters full
    -stir substance inside cup/mug vigorously
    -add milk, whilst still stirring, and stop when liquid has become desired colour
    -add sugar to taste, and stir. I don't drink coffee personally so I have no recommended amount.

I'm honestly stunned that you don't know how to make tea or coffee though. Do your parents not drink either? My mam used to always ask me to make her a cup of tea when I live with her when I was younger. She taught me when I was about 8 how to make tea.

ReputationRep:
    Now that's sorted, lets move onto teabagging.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Now that's sorted, lets move onto teabagging.
    This should be a VERY interesting coming from you. :sexface:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSilentG)
    This should be a VERY interesting coming from you. :sexface:.
    I never said I participated in it. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    I never said I participated in it. :ahee:
    Lies upon lies, deceit upon lies...Never lie to the G; the G knows everything .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSilentG)
    Lies upon lies, deceit upon lies...Never lie to the G; the G knows everything .
    Lol did you see my nose growing?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.