Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here like Skrillex. I didnt like him at first, but when I heard the Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites EP, I was like woah :O

He is coming to London in January, if only I could be 18 two months earlier

Here is some Skrillex if you haven't heard of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSeNSzJ2-Jw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMdXOqq3WL4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F21aifX0lZY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ylVRGttEW4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO0ZRYe5UJg

ReputationRep:
    Some of the melodies are nice, and then they turn into generic dubstep drops. Got more potential than it shows. Average generally imo!

ReputationRep:
    Its like a mixture of Electro House and Dubstep. Considering he's under the Mau5trap label, its clear where he gets the 'House' part from. He used to be in an emo band or something.

ReputationRep:
    He was in From First To Last and has other solo stuff now , just known as 'Sonny' :fyi:

I've loved him for years and think he's amazing, glad other people are starting to hear of him now.

I was only looking today to see if he had any tour dates but didn't find anything, where did you find out he's coming to London?!

ReputationRep:
    OMFG. I checked again, you're right.

CANNOT. CONTAIN. EXCITEMENT. :woo:

Just realised its the day AFTER my exam. So ****ing lucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rawwwwr!)
    He was in From First To Last and has other solo stuff now , just known as 'Sonny' :fyi:

I've loved him for years and think he's amazing, glad other people are starting to hear of him now.

I was only looking today to see if he had any tour dates but didn't find anything, where did you find out he's coming to London?!
    Yeah he is coming to that car park venue, which I cant remember the name of right now for Spectrum's Birthday. Its his first EU tour date and Im annoyed as hell, going to see if I can get in with another ID or something like that =[.

ReputationRep:
    Though I've only heard a few of his tracks, I do like him.

His remix of The Sadness Will Never End by Bring Me The Horizon is immense, especially the bit at like 1:40 :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Lowest form of dubstep, but as long as he keeps all the 16 year olds distracted and out of the decent shows I'm cool with his existence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nahbruv)
    Lowest form of dubstep, but as long as he keeps all the 16 year olds distracted and out of the decent shows I'm cool with his existence
    Mt Eden......reallly?

I dont really see what your on about, in the UK he is just about getting known. If you're talking about the US then thats a different story. Good music is good music, and I like the mix between Electro-House and Dubstep.

ReputationRep:
    He's ok but bit popularist.

ReputationRep:
    I see what you mean, but his style is unique which I like

ReputationRep:
    Literally one of the sickest artists right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshyy)
    Literally the ****ing ****test artist right now.
    According to who? you? I couldn't care less about your opinion. Who the **** is Oli Sykes anyway, and from the Skrillex tracks above, he's only used a sample of some american kid screaming. Do me a favour and shut the **** up. I like Skrillex tunes because I do, if you have a problem then feel free to PM a huge paragraph as to why I shouldn't, which I will ignore.

ReputationRep:

Can't believe some people associate dubstep with this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshyy)

Can't believe some people associate dubstep with this.

I give you credit for that, that is pretty homo. I only like the Skrillex songs I posted above and Scatta (if I didn't put that in).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.