Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Going with a few friends for a night out - this will be our first time in Leeds - and wondering which clubs are good etc? It'll be on a Friday we're going and if you know anything about the prices, that'd be good to know too.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esachica)
    Going with a few friends for a night out - this will be our first time in Leeds - and wondering which clubs are good etc? It'll be on a Friday we're going and if you know anything about the prices, that'd be good to know too.

Thanks in advance

Oceana, but thats quite expensive. Gatecrasher 7 is cheaper but good. Halo but don't know much about that. Academy is good as well, dance downstairs and rock etc upstairs.

Thats all I can think of atm but I'll try and think of more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harpoon)
    Oceana, but thats quite expensive. Gatecrasher 7 is cheaper but good. Halo but don't know much about that. Academy is good as well, dance downstairs and rock etc upstairs.

Thats all I can think of atm but I'll try and think of more.
    Will check them out. Oceana looks amazing! You ever been? & thank you

ReputationRep:
    Will check them out. Oceana looks amazing! You ever been? & thank you
    Yeah, its good but its pretty expensive. It can be about £8 in depending on the time and everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harpoon)
    Yeah, its good but its pretty expensive. It can be about £8 in depending on the time and everything.
    I think because it's a special night & all, we'll probably head to Oceana at some point. Just looked at Gate Crasher and it good too! The taxi's in Leeds pretty reasonable?

ReputationRep:
    I think because it's a special night & all, we'll probably head to Oceana at some point. Just looked at Gate Crasher and it good too! The taxi's in Leeds pretty reasonable?
    Ah cool. Fair play. And yeah Gatecrashers good

Erm, depends which ones you get. They can be pretty good or they can rip you off. Just get a few quotes before you decide on one

ReputationRep:
    Mint is meant to be pretty good, the bars in Leeds are pretty good too. Don't bother going to the rock club on a Friday (the name has escaped me) because the DJ's go to Leeds Met Uni or they did when I was there in the summer. Depends if you're male or female but I went to Oceana in Birmingham and it wasn't my cup of tea, lots of old pervy guys but like I said depends on your gender with that one. Also depends on the type of people you associate with, the people waiting to go into Oceana in Leeds weren't really the sort of people i'd want to be with but that might have been because the students had gone home. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaPeep)
    Mint is meant to be pretty good, the bars in Leeds are pretty good too. Don't bother going to the rock club on a Friday (the name has escaped me) because the DJ's go to Leeds Met Uni or they did when I was there in the summer. Depends if you're male or female but I went to Oceana in Birmingham and it wasn't my cup of tea, lots of old pervy guys but like I said depends on your gender with that one. Also depends on the type of people you associate with, the people waiting to go into Oceana in Leeds weren't really the sort of people i'd want to be with but that might have been because the students had gone home. Hope this helps.
    Thank's for the help!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.