Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there anyway I can take my a2 levels on different dates? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I’ve got offered a summer job in a hotel In greece, I’ve agreed because I cant bring myself to say no.

The problem is I will have A2 level exams (english. media.sociology) I haven’t taken. They want me to start work on May 20th until September 15th. But I have exams on the :

*26 May
    *6 June
    *16 June
    *20 June
    *21 June
    *24 June

There kind of a big problem!

Another idea Ive got, Is that if I dont turn up to the exams, I will fail them but can retake next year. Would that work?

Is there any way I could take the exams earlier/later or move them closer together- there such a nuisance being so spaced out! Is there anything I could do?

Any advice would be great! I really dont know what to do?

Im tearing my hair out its soo frustrating, because Im so excited about the job, but so worried Ill end up saying no !:eek:

Thanks v. much , Jessica.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but exam dates/times are thoroughly non-negotiable.

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt it!!

ReputationRep:
    Ask the hotel if you can start near the end of June? Exams are completely non-negotiable date wise.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you would be able to take them earlier. The dates will have been set by the exam boards so that everyone takes the exam at pretty much the same time.

ReputationRep:
    There is absolutely no way you can change the dates, unless you have an exam clash (then you stay overnight in school and take them the next day).

Why did you agree to a job in term time?!

If you take your A2 modules the year after (2011) you will be treated as a 'retake student'. Your exam board will CASH IN your A levels this year with 0 marks for those modules.

Thus when you apply to universities, they will be able to see those 0s and will see that you got Ds/Es/Us (whatever you get overall) for your A levels this year. You can tell them you didn't take the exams because you wanted to work in Greece but I think that would just make them reject you!!

(Also, aren't you still in school on the 20th May?!)

ReputationRep:
    You seriously need to get your priorities straight. Do you want A-levels or do you want a summer job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelmxxx)
    There is absolutely no way you can change the dates, unless you have an exam clash (then you stay overnight in school and take them the next day).
    You have to have have something like 6 or more hours of exams before you do the staying over part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .snowflake.)
    You have to have have something like 6 or more hours of exams before you do the staying over part.
    I know, but I think the maximum time for an exam is 3 hours so if they weren't both in the afternoon you'd still be doing them on the same day.

Either way, the OP should clearly be in England doing their exams as they don't have a clash!

ReputationRep:
    I'm assuming you wouldn't be ready for them in January which would be the other option. There's a very slight chance if you were to find an international college in Greece you could take them over there but I have no idea how likely an option it actually is, I just know my cousin does A levels in Spain :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    I'm assuming you wouldn't be ready for them in January which would be the other option. There's a very slight chance if you were to find an international college in Greece you could take them over there but I have no idea how likely an option it actually is, I just know my cousin does A levels in Spain :iiam:
    Or...work out if you want one job or qualifications which will help you in your entire life.

I'm sure the OP could find another job in Europe.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah agree with everyone above!
    You need to learn to prioritise, A2 levels are WAY more important than a summer job! There is NO way you can change the dates of your exams, no way.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    if i were you id turn the job down (or ask them if you can start later) cos your a levels are more important... my boyfriend repeated A2s and it was the most boring year of his life cos all his mates had gone to uni and left him behind! this year is a hard and stressful year! dont waste it all for a summer job!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.