The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
You have mastered the true art of vendetta.
Reply 81
Original post by ninjacarlotta
I would have weighed it.

this. why couldn't the manager take the bag of pennies into the office and put it on the weighy thing that tells you how much money you have if you tell it what type of coins its in.
Reply 82
Original post by Anonymous
I know how you feel as well. There was this girl who bullied me back in Year 10/11. She was so ****ing two-faced, being nice to me one-minute, then putting me down and saying nasty stuff behind my back the next minute, when I'd done nothing wrong as well! Anyway, in Year 12, she had the bloody nerve to try for head girl. Lol, a hypocrite for head girl? :rolleyes: Though, the only thing I did was not vote for her, I voted for someone else (of course), but it was still very satisfying when she didn't win head girl. She was so visibly upset about it, and all I could think was "ha, serves you right, hypocrite. Karma is a bitch, just like you :colone:"

Sorry, I know this thread's about you, not me, but I'm so happy for you that I wanted to share my similar story :smile:

You know I see why bullies tend to bully people like you.

Same to the OP, I cant tell whether the supportive comments are really in jest however if this story is real OP you are an incredibly sad individual and I suggest you kill yourself to save from further disappointment
Reply 83
I was bullied a lot in school. A few days ago, I found out that my worst bully was working the tills during specific known hours at the local supermarket ... so I decided to pay her a visit.

There was something I wanted to buy anyway for £20, so I decided to find it in the smallest change I had and buy it there from this girl. As luck would have it, I had two thousand pennies* ... so I gathered them up, went and got this item, went to her till and presented my bag of two thousand pennies.

She called her manager over and, in the conversation that followed, I said, "So let me get this straight for when I tell the papers - you're going to refuse to accept legal tender?" In the end, the manager just told this girl to count them, and it felt great watching her count all two thousand of them.

Am I mental? Who the hell collects and counts two thousand pennies, then carries them around (they're quite heavy) and then gets such satisfaction from watching someone else have to count them out to make sure there are indeed two thousand of them?

Is it bad that I felt so vindicated after this incident?

* Well, I didn't have all two thousand ... but various friends and family contributed, and I paid them in large coins, so they were happy.

Oh this makes my feel so great to read this!! I've been bullied mentally and physically for as long as I was at school! How I've wanted to get revenge.... but its been so long... and my self confidence and belief is at zero due to it right now. One of these days......
Legally they could have refused you service, they don't have to accept the small change:

http://www.royalmint.com/corporate/policies/legal_tender_guidelines.aspx

Edit: Oh someone's already said this
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 85
Meh. She would have been within her rights to refuse. Twenty pounds in pennies is not considered legal tender, and if you'd called the papers you'd have been laughed at. If I were her, I'd probably just have told my manager where to stick it. So I guess you can smile because she has a stupid boss?

And tbh, it might mildly irritate me, but it would hardly piss me off. I get paid to work six hours a day, whatever I end up doing in those six hours. Counting pennies is probably better than doing some of the other tasks I'd have to do. It would only really have been revenge if she'd ended up staying late to finish unpaid, which would never have happened.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 86
Original post by Prudy
As it happens, the shop has no obligation to accept that amount, and indeed there is a maximum usable as legal tender (20p). Extra 'win'?

Yeh i thought that...I'm sure there's some law about not being allowed to pay for something over £1 in 1ps....?
Reply 87
One is only legally required to accept 20p in bronze.
Reply 88
Original post by EffDee

Original post by EffDee
Yeh i thought that...I'm sure there's some law about not being allowed to pay for something over £1 in 1ps....?

There is. The royal mint website has more info.
Reply 89
I was bullied a lot in school. A few days ago, I found out that my worst bully was working the tills during specific known hours at the local supermarket ... so I decided to pay her a visit.

There was something I wanted to buy anyway for £20, so I decided to find it in the smallest change I had and buy it there from this girl. As luck would have it, I had two thousand pennies* ... so I gathered them up, went and got this item, went to her till and presented my bag of two thousand pennies.

She called her manager over and, in the conversation that followed, I said, "So let me get this straight for when I tell the papers - you're going to refuse to accept legal tender?" In the end, the manager just told this girl to count them, and it felt great watching her count all two thousand of them.

Am I mental? Who the hell collects and counts two thousand pennies, then carries them around (they're quite heavy) and then gets such satisfaction from watching someone else have to count them out to make sure there are indeed two thousand of them?

Is it bad that I felt so vindicated after this incident?

* Well, I didn't have all two thousand ... but various friends and family contributed, and I paid them in large coins, so they were happy.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
You're absolutley awesome!!! Made my day.
Did you manage to keep a straight face while she was counting?
Though if that were me it'd be a lot worse, I would of probably got her fired at the very least.
(edited 13 years ago)
It would have been revenge if you killed her parents and made chilli out of them and then fed them to her under the ruse of a chilli making competition. Then asked her favourite band to come to town and laugh as they make fun of her for crying like a baby.

Yes, that is revenge.
You were going to inform the Press if your local supermarket wouldn't accept 1 and 2p coins?
Reply 92
Is that really revenge? Lol.

But whatever floats your boat.. 'brah'.
i lol'ed at this!!! what an absolute win!!! oh if only the half penny was still in circulation :wink:
Reply 94
EPIC.
Reply 95
So you counted 2000 pennies numerous times to check you had the right amount?

They counted them once and got paid for doing so.
Reply 96
I'm not sure you were evil enough, tbh.
That did occur to me, but I made sure. Multiple times.

Well, you could've fallen one short, swore, looked flustered, then fumbled around in your pocket to pull out a £20 note.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 98
This is the best thing I have heard in my life! :biggrin:

Awesome!
Revenge within legal boundaries. I like it!

Latest

Trending

Trending