The Student Room Group

Anyone use ManageBac/ Eduvo for CAS?

Hello so my school is new to using this online manageBac program called Eduvo(sp) to record all CAS hours.

Does anyone else use this?? Do you find it better than paperwork?? Do you keep up with it?? Please let me know. Thanks.
Reply 1
Let me rephrase.. how do you document CAS??
I thought the whole point of CAS was reflecting on it via paperwork (almost like diary entries) for each one...I don't see how using a computer program achieves that goal.
Plus, when I did CAS, they were emphasizing the idea that CAS is a HUMAN INITIATIVE. That is, they wanted pictures of us engaged in activity, wanted binders that showed REAL human development...I don't think the IB would really approve of the computer programming. It's just so sterile. All the vitality of your projects...just becomes writing and statistics. Bleh.

-I graduated IB in 2010. I filled in three forms for every activity, made a binder, took about ten-fifteen different photographs and hardly used a computer whatsoever.
Reply 3
I am keeping a diary - one entry for each time I do some CAS-related activity where I describe what was done, what I learned, what I did specifically... bla bla bla... And on top of that filling out a form with CAS outcomes... That's it, no special program, only a word processor and pen... :P
Reply 4
Our sixth form have been using the same system as you, I think, all on computer. I reckon its probably a lot more simpler than all the paper documents, as the assessor (don't know if I spelt that right, sorry) can just go to the different sections, learning outcomes, look at variety of evidence etc. So yeah. Its good. Apart from the fact only three people out of our year are passing CAS atm (out of about twenty people :s)
Reply 5
I agree with you guys about the paper! My school has made it mandatory to use the system. & no one is really sure on how to use it. But we have no other choice and we are all in the last year. It is not logical to make us switch from paper to computer mid way.
Reply 6
Using ManageBac for CAS, it's quite hard to keep up with those journals, maybe because I'm not the type to record things down...
I'm more of a computer guy, so yea, ManageBac is quite convenient for me (if I remember and feel like doing it).. But it's quite annoying where everything is recorded too clearly where the supervisors can comment on where you're not doing good..
Reply 7
yeah my school uses managebac. it's annoying because they added all these outcomes that nobody can attain but i find it a LOT easier than paper. then again as kaiwen said it's so clear cut and everything it means you actually have to write things of substance.
Reply 8
Thats my problem exactly! No one I know writes things of substance because no one ever truly explained CAS. We don't know what the outcomes or implications are.

I agree with you guys, that it is indeed annoying.
How do you know if you have enough journals or evidence?
Reply 9
I'm not sure though, my supervisor require me to have at least 1 evidence per outcome (you can find definitions of outcomes from the internet but I think it's better if you ask your CAS teacher or supervisor to explain it to the class or group).

It used to be more annoying for those long term activities, the requirement used to be 1 journal per activity (for like curricular or after school activities, for example sports: basketball, soccer, track, etc.) luckily they only ask for per outcome.

Think you'll have to ask your supervisors, as the green bar (activities with evidence) will show when you have one evidence for that activity, but don't think that's what the supervisors want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending