Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Carlos Tevez earns £286,000-a-week tax free Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ty/9280256.stm

I think I'm going to feint
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    cool?

I thought Yaya Toure was the highest earning player in the PL.

ReputationRep:
      Fair play hes gone from

Because of its high crime rates, the quarter of tall block buildings is considered one of the most dangerous neighbourhoods in América and in the whole country.[citation needed] Football star Carlos Tévez, nicknamed Apache, grew up in this quarter.
      To £286,000- A week.

ReputationRep:
      Thats SO many penny sweets. *drool*

ReputationRep:
      How does he get it tax-free?

Also, lmao at "The People's Player." If he's on over 250K a week, no way in hell is he that.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
      Fair play hes gone from

To £286,000- A week.
      Nice picture this week.

Also, I assume you've changed your sex for the lulz to be had at people who think you are Ms. Coffey?

ReputationRep:
      Tevez sold united out!

ReputationRep:
      Lol @ the suggestion he and Bale are on Messi's level. Good player, but world class? Torres, Villa, Drogba and arguably Rooney are all better strikers.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mann18)
      Nice picture this week.

Also, I assume you've changed your sex for the lulz to be had at people who think you are Ms. Coffey?
      I know, she deserves a picture of the week thing.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ish90an)
      Lol @ the suggestion he and Bale are on Messi's level. Good player, but world class? Torres, Villa, Drogba and arguably Rooney are all better strikers.
      What has Torres produced in the last 12 months, honestly?

The same can be said for Rooney.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by marcusmerehay)
      What has Torres produce in the last 12 months, honestly?

The same can be said for Rooney.
      Rooney scored more than Tevez last season, and hasn't been fit since March. As for Torres, I think a lot of his lack of form is to do with being rushed back from injury time and again, but even so he'd easily make most people's top strikers list over Tevez and has tremendous quality, there's a reason even at his worst rumours were rife about him going to Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
      messi is the best player - no doubt

ReputationRep:
      wooow no wonder he's retiring early.

ReputationRep:
      Repulsive and I'd be saying the same thing if he was playing for Man United.

Wages like this will increasingly put people off football - wages like this will destroy football or at least kill the soul of football.

Things like this that stop me from watching PL football. I'm not keen, for instance, paying £40+ to watch United at Old Trafford, as I'm contributing to Rooney's ridiculous weekly wage, not to mention that he's a **** and I'm paying that ****'s wage.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ish90an)
      No they arent. Torres, Villa and Drogba play a different game entirely to Tevez, different roles apart from being a "striker", they do different things with their teams. Rooney plays a similar game to Tevez, he scored 3 more goals last season than Tevez. You conveniently forget Rooney has been with his team and manager for years, Tevez had a poor start with his first few months with a new manager and new team then started banging them in. Tevez has proven himself to be as good as all those above. Rooney scored 3 more goals, by that logic Darren Bent is also better than Tevez.

The only player I would rate higher than Tevez as an over all striker is Drogba, whos a lot older. Tevez is as good as all listed above.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
      Repulsive and I'd be saying the same thing if he was playing for Man United.

Wages like this will increasingly put people off football - wages like this will destroy football or at least kill the soul of football.

Things like this that stop me from watching PL football. I'm not keen, for instance, paying £40+ to watch United at Old Trafford, as I'm contributing to Rooney's ridiculous weekly wage, not to mention that he's a **** and I'm paying that ****'s wage.
      The soul of football has belonged to Rupert Murdoch for almost 20 years, its hardly a shock in 2010.

ReputationRep:
      It's not really tax-free. I'm guessing that's the figure he earns after tax. Surely!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jim-ie)
      The soul of football has belonged to Rupert Murdoch for almost 20 years, its hardly a shock in 2010.
      I'm just increasingly coming to appreciate that watching most PL football doesn't represent value for money. It's an overpriced situation, watching overrated players.

I don't earn enough at the moment to be able to afford to see PL football, with the possible exception of seeing Bolton, Blackburn and Wigan home games, which can be considerably cheaper than watching a United home game. When I think what I can do with £40-£50, what I can use it for/put that amount of money towards x, y and z, then think about the fact that in buying a United ticket, I'd be contributing to Rooney's repulsive wage at United, then I have serious reservations to see United. And the fact that Rooney is a ****...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jim-ie)
      No they arent. Torres, Villa and Drogba play a different game entirely to Tevez, different roles apart from being a "striker", they do different things with their teams. Rooney plays a similar game to Tevez, he scored 3 more goals last season than Tevez. You conveniently forget Rooney has been with his team and manager for years, Tevez had a poor start with his first few months with a new manager and new team then started banging them in. Tevez has proven himself to be as good as all those above. Rooney scored 3 more goals, by that logic Darren Bent is also better than Tevez.

The only player I would rate higher than Tevez as an over all striker is Drogba, whos a lot older. Tevez is as good as all listed above.
      I am aware of the differences between Tevez's style and Drogba's and Villa's. However, at the highest level, who has performed best consistently? Villa has(for Spain and now for Barca), Torres has(for Liverpool), Drogba has(for Chelsea). Tevez had one good season last year for City, but at United, when he was playing at the top of Europe and the top of the league's standards, he was at best good, not world class. World class players are not ones who have a single good season, that is why Tevez is not one (at least not yet).

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
    Updated: December 14, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.