Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Starting from scratch Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I lost my way at secondary school when everything went out the window following 4 years of suffering from M.E at the age of 14 (Yuppy flu to us olds on here). I failed to get any GCSE's or Alevels other than Art, English lit/lang GCSE and A level Art. Finally at 25 I talked my way into university and studied photography as a safe bet and something useful as I was working as a diver. Now 10 years later I am married to a very successful business woman who I have left London for and moved to Rutland in the East Midlands. Where lets face it there is not much media work.

I am looking at re training as a Teacher, ideally as a History teacher as this is a favourite area of mine. As I do not have any GCSE's or A levels in this area I may have a problem

Does anyone have any advice or information on GTP, QTS, PGCE and Access Diplomas or crammer courses for A-levels and Maths GCSE etc? Is anyone else in the same boat as me?

I would truly love to have a job that I am proud of, and if any kids do come along in the future, I would love to have work that could allow me to spend time with them. Above all else, I would like not to have to rely on my wife to provide financially for everything any longer.

I await your responses with keen interest and boundless enthusiasm.

Thanks

A

ReputationRep:
    If you want to be a history teacher, 50% of your degree needs to be in history, so it sounds like you'd have to complete another degree. It's definitely possible to get into university through Access Diplomas rather than A Levels, although I don't know anything about them. Have you considered teaching photography?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.