Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Could I Be Pregnant From This? Watch

Had sex the other night, un-protected :rolleyes:
    I'm not on the pill so figured hey i'll take the morning after pill.....
    BUT i got my period the morning after when we woke up together, must have been about 5 hours after we'd had sex. So i didn't take it.
    Can't be pregnant can i if i've got my period?

ReputationRep:
    YES.

How though?! i've got my period! AND i got it within hours of having sex so surely there wouldn't have been time for anything to get "fertilised" lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Had sex the other night, un-protected :rolleyes:
    I'm not on the pill so figured hey i'll take the morning after pill.....
    BUT i got my period the morning after when we woke up together, must have been about 5 hours after we'd had sex. So i didn't take it.
    Can't be pregnant can i if i've got my period?
    Umm yes, you can be.

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    Not very likely, but possible.

ReputationRep:
    possibly.

ReputationRep:
    you should just get a pregnancy test, simples

ReputationRep:
    very unlikely....but possible

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you could. Your body will store the sperm for a while yet, and possibly until you ovulate again.

ReputationRep:
    get a pregnancy test regardless just to be sure

(Original post by Bubbles0ox)
    no. you have your period due to unsuccessful fertilisation. right?
    i thought this too, andddd i thought it took upto 24 hours to fertilise an egg?
    hmm

ReputationRep:
    Erm no I very very very much doubt that , you ovulate in the first few days or weeks of starting your new cycle it lasts about a week and it can be very rare for you to get pregnant whilst on your period because there is no egg to be fertilised and because you came on your period the morning after it proves the egg isn't ready to be fertilised its long past the date when it was due to be fertilised.
    Hope this helps xx

ReputationRep:
    If he touched you with his fingers then you were pregnant from that point onwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i thought this too, andddd i thought it took upto 24 hours to fertilise an egg?
    hmm
    exactly.
    Don't worry about it, if you're really worried take a preg test

ReputationRep:
    Don't have unprotected sex?

ReputationRep:
    You could be, it just isn't likely. The best thing to do would be just wait to see if your next period comes on time.. but don't stress, it is pretty unlikely

ReputationRep:
    It's extremely unlikely I think due to the timing, but I believe there is always a chance. Don't worry though, it's probably one in a million.

ReputationRep:
    how long can sperm survive in a woman? That's a good question, but the answer is a very difficult one and depends on a large number of variables including the individual longevity of sperm, the internal metabolic capacity of sperm, the environment of the vagina (body temperature, ph levels, relative acidity), the presence of cervical mucus, the quality of cervical mucus, the ability of the sperm to get out of the vagina and into the womb, and the presence of sperm antagonists like immunity securing white-blood cells

ReputationRep:
    Longer than you might think. Work taking the morning after pill now if it has been less than 48 hours.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.