Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does Nick Clegg stand a chance now he's been to bed with Cameron?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am personally someone who voted Labour in the general election - although I did disagree with some of the things they had done in previous years I wasn't prepared to give up on them - after all they gave me all the help i needed to get through school ,college and on to university. So when the Tories and the liberals created the ConDem government i was pessimistic about what they had to offer and how long it would last ...I still have this pessimisms but it has been made profoundly worse since the introduction of tuition fee rises. Not only am i disgusted that Nick Clegg went against his PROMISE, but i am also angry that public services seem to be taking the brunt of all these cuts that 'need' to be made ....I do believe it is a way of privatising everything in the ideological way that the Tories do ! Does Nick Clegg really stand a chance at the next election?! He has proven to me he is weak and wouldn't have lasted a minute in complete power !! He constantly looks like he is sucking up to Cameron every time I see him , he has lost all backbone that he had ( that's if he had any to begin with!)

Does anyone actually still believe the lib dems still exist in the real world?:confused::mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BistoKid)
    I am personally someone who voted Labour in the general election - although I did disagree with some of the things they had done in previous years I wasn't prepared to give up on them - after all they gave me all the help i needed to get through school ,college and on to university. So when the Tories and the liberals created the ConDem government i was pessimistic about what they had to offer and how long it would last ...I still have this pessimisms but it has been made profoundly worse since the introduction of tuition fee rises. Not only am i disgusted that Nick Clegg went against his PROMISE, but i am also angry that public services seem to be taking the brunt of all these cuts that 'need' to be made ....I do believe it is a way of privatising everything in the ideological way that the Tories do ! Does Nick Clegg really stand a chance at the next election?! He has proven to me he is weak and wouldn't have lasted a minute in complete power !! He constantly looks like he is sucking up to Cameron every time I see him , he has lost all backbone that he had ( that's if he had any to begin with!)

Does anyone actually still believe the lib dems still exist in the real world?:confused::mad:
    I expect he will either stand under the Tory Party in a safe seat or take up a cushy job in the EU after this Parliament is over, because he doesn't stand a cat in Hell's chance of being elected under the Lib Dems.

And good for you for voting Labour. It's reassuring to see there are still young people left in this country with a strong moral backbone and a modicum of intelligence. The amount of people on here who either voted for or supported the Lib Dems is stomach churning, it really is. They should all be utterly ashamed of themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teveth)
    I expect he will either stand under the Tory Party in a safe seat or take up a cushy job in the EU after this Parliament is over, because he doesn't stand a cat in Hell's chance of being elected under the Lib Dems.

And good for you for voting Labour. It's reassuring to see there are still young people left in this country with a strong moral backbone and a modicum of intelligence. The amount of people on here who either voted for or supported the Lib Dems is stomach churning, it really is. They should all be utterly ashamed of themselves.

I agree ! Although i am a student and the idea of free tuition fee's appealed to me I pinched myself and said look at the state of the economy how on earth would they achieve that. It needed a straight talking , sensible person in power! I realise that Brown made a lot of mistakes and leading up to the election I think he did lose a lot of voters. However, what people of our generation don't seem to realise is that the Torys are much much worse and from their track record in the eighties people should know better especially those who lived through it like our parents generation would have done.

It is obvious to me that people who voted Lib Dem had rose tinted spec's on at the time and a lot of people voted them in a tactical approach to make sure the Tories didn't get in! I'm glad I have someone who agree's with me !! People need to remember what Labour did for our generation !!! They have no idea how much better off they have been with he Labour government these past few years ..I don't understand why Nick Clegg was so favourable to people anyway he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth the same as Cameron - they even went to the same private school!!!! Now what does that tell you ! Cut from the same cloth

Xxx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.