Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I've got a Law interview on Tuesday, so I was wondering if you could give me a few things that have happened in the news in the past few weeks/months?

It could be anything to do with Law, politics, economics etc
    Thanks!

I'm just asking in case there's more I can learn about - I watch the news, read newspapers, and am also taking part in the European Youth Parliament debate team.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    My faith in humanity is seriously going to wane, if people can't recall current affairs events...

Do you read the paper?

ReputationRep:
    READ THE ECONOMIST and a daily newspaper minimum for interview- check out articles online... wow... what have you been doing for the past few months that made you oblivious to world events?

ReputationRep:
    Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spazman21)
    My faith in humanity is seriously going to wane, if people can't recall current affairs events...

Do you read the paper?

Haha, guys I'm just asking in case there's more I can learn about - I watch the news, read newspapers, and am also taking part in the European Youth Parliament debate team.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Havok!)
    Haha, guys I'm just asking in case there's more I can learn about - I watch the news, read newspapers, and am also taking part in the European Youth Parliament debate team.
    Thanks.
    It's not just about being aware of current affairs, you should debate the issues with some of your friends - form opinions, justify them, and listen to what others have to say about it.

Student fee rises - you can talk about that in the general, however you can also get in to the way the police dealt with the protests. Should Kettling be illegal? Is there an absolute right to protest? Are some protests more important that others? Is protesting a right in itself, or is it a manifestation of free speech? To what extent should protesting be legal? Why is it important to protest....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prudy)
    It's not just about being aware of current affairs, you should debate the issues with some of your friends - form opinions, justify them, and listen to what others have to say about it.

Student fee rises - you can talk about that in the general, however you can also get in to the way the police dealt with the protests. Should Kettling be illegal? Is there an absolute right to protest? Are some protests more important that others? Is protesting a right in itself, or is it a manifestation of free speech? To what extent should protesting be legal? Why is it important to protest....

Ah, a real answer! Thank you very much

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.