Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Biffy Clyro's 'Many Of Horror' to get xmas No1 Watch

ReputationRep:
    This should be the challenge. X factor never bothered me because it (for the most part) stuck to it's own genre- which isnt to my taste or liking- lets be honest, modern pop is sheit (14 year old girls, neg away).

Now they're taking great songs from other genres... and this is annoying. Because now, Biffy Clyro's song has officially become pop- as this is the version that will be remembered. We will also, probably end up thinking of the song as more overplayed drivel (which is a shame because it's a damn awesome song). As if to add insult to injury, they even changed the name.

No offence to Matt- he was the best contestant out of what I saw.

So lets throw **** back at the x factor and get this song- NBiffy Clyro's Many Of Horror- to number one- to prove the originals will always be better than the pop *******s Simon Cowell throws at us.

ReputationRep:
    The "let's get X to number 1" won't work this year. There'll be loads of different groups fighting for the number 1 spot and there won't be the single unity that there was last year.

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't give two ****s if X Factor wants to rip off an awesome song. They can do what they want, it just takes the piss that they changed the name of it.

ReputationRep:
    Surfin' Bird (i.e the 'bird is the word' song) is better.

ReputationRep:
    although they probably won't get to number one this year due to the reasons above (I hope they do) i really want surfin' bird to get there!
    i downloaded ratm last year and gifted it to many people xD
    even though i already had the song.

ReputationRep:
    I'm already supporting "the bird is the word" for this years no.1

ReputationRep:
    I really hope they do, I will be buying Many of Horror even though I already own it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aodhán)
    Couldn't give two ****s if X Factor wants to rip off an awesome song. They can do what they want, it just takes the piss that they changed the name of it.
    I know. 'When we Collide'? WTF? :curious: Get it right X Factor, it is called Many of Horror.
    I like Matt though

ReputationRep:
    Why the hell do you care so much? I don't understand why people are so 'FIGHT THE POWAH', just get on with your lives ffs- it's only a TV show and if people want to download Matt Cardle's version on itunes, then let them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lechaton-x)
    and if people want to download Matt Cardle's version on itunes, then let them!
    They still can.
    some of us are fed up of the utter **** the x factor produces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignFreak)
    They still can.
    some of us are fed up of the utter **** the x factor produces.
    It's nothing to get so het up about. It's not my favourite TV show, but I still retain the theory of 'Don't like it, don't listen to/buy/watch it'. The Simon Cowell machine isn't losing sleep over it, even if the single doesn't reach number one- X-Factor is still one of the top rated shows on TV.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to help beat the X Factor to number 1 then buy Surfin Bird by The Trashmen because it has the best chance out of all the campaigns.

I'm so annoyed that they've now ruined a great Biffy song, though, and even had the audacity to change its title... urrggghghghsjfhgf.

ReputationRep:

We should vote this for xmas no.1

ReputationRep:
    You guys do know it's possible to support more than one "get x song to number 1" campaign, you could buy this song and surfin' bird, thus pushing x factor down to number 3 :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelephant)
    You guys do know it's possible to support more than one "get x song to number 1" campaign, you could buy this song and surfin' bird, thus pushing x factor down to number 3 :mmm:

Now...

we're onto something...

ReputationRep:
    i love biffy clyro, he has an amazing voice

expect to here this alot

ReputationRep:
    No way man, John Cage's 4'33" for number 1! I get £40 if it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rawwwwr!)
    No way man, John Cage's 4'33" for number 1! I get £40 if it is
    I really really doubt you got the odds for this to be a good bet.

On topic: I like biffy but I would def go for the bird is the word song

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i'mnewhere)
    i really really doubt you got the odds for this to be a good bet.

On topic: I like biffy but i would def go for the bird is the word song
    Pffft, £2.50 @ 16/1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rawwwwr!)
    Pffft, £2.50 @ 16/1
    Thats actually close.. Might be worth it if you factor in the look on their face when you collect

Disclaimer; Im in uni, without a tv and have never heard of the song in question and im pretty drunk atm (drunk on my own on tsr.fml)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.