Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My sister has asked for hair straighteners for christmas. I don't use straighteners, have no idea where to start, and i'm meant to be going shopping with my mother tomorrow to get some.

I have a budget of about £30
    She has thin, straightish hair anyway.
    She likes the idea of being able to curl it.

I know there are probably thousands of threads, but a quick search i couldn't see anything specific.

Cn anyone please help with suggestions of brands and where to get them. I think we'll be going to lakeside or bluewater.

Thankyou (and sorry if in the wrong place)

ReputationRep:
    Babyliss is good
    but GHD is better but about £100

ReputationRep:
    GHD's therefore are slightly outside my budget then...

ReputationRep:
    I have Nicky Clarke ones and they're great, just find some slim ones?

ReputationRep:
    I was about to suggest GHDs, but that obviously wouldn't be helpful.

Before GHDs I used Remington ones which were ok.

I'd advice asking a Boots or somewhere like that, the assistants are usually pretty helpful. A test of good straighteners is opening them up and seeing if there is a gap between the plates. If there is they're not gunna be that good.

ReputationRep:
    Babyliss and Remington are good, if her hair is quite straight anyway she won't really need the temperature to be too high on them
    x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.