The Student Room Group

best present you ever got from a bf/gf or just friend

Its christmas again, time for the last minute panic about what to get your loved one for christmas... its a tricky line to walk between soppy to the point of soaking and as unromantic as an iceberg!

Ok I admit I have kinda left this to the last min, altho im sure im not the only one! and its also my boy friend's birthday on friday! so i admit im kinda looking for ideas too!

so tell me whats your favourite gift you ever got from a boyfriend or girlfriend as a christmas or birthday present?

Scroll to see replies

tiffany necklace / bouquet of roses :smile:
Reply 2
I can say the best present I ever gave a friend? I've never really got anything that amazing that's ment a lot to me. I booked tickets to see Wicked for my friends 18th, a good six months in advance I was thinking of him. A few months closer I booked a table at Hard Rock Cafe. I sent him a letter in a post, telling him to meet me at the station at 10 in the morning, look smart and to bring some money. It was annoymous and hadn't a clue what the hell was going on. He turned up (luckily!). We went around London for the day, went and had dinner and then the show. He loves the theatre and Hard Rock Cafe was perfect as it was his thing.

In retrospect he didn't deserve it.

As I don't have a "best" (and when I say best I'm not talking about money, I'm talking about thought, consideration) present from a friend, my worst had to be hair from my cousin. Hair. Wow. :s-smilie:
Original post by lostlizzy
Its christmas again, time for the last minute panic about what to get your loved one for christmas... its a tricky line to walk between soppy to the point of soaking and as unromantic as an iceberg!

Ok I admit I have kinda left this to the last min, altho im sure im not the only one! and its also my boy friend's birthday on friday! so i admit im kinda looking for ideas too!

so tell me whats your favourite gift you ever got from a boyfriend or girlfriend as a christmas or birthday present?

I know how you feel, I haven't got my boyfriend his Christmas stuff yet (although I have ideas) and it's his birthday tomorrow :colonhash:

Stupid awkward boys.
Original post by TVC15
I can say the best present I ever gave a friend? I've never really got anything that amazing that's ment a lot to me. I booked tickets to see Wicked for my friends 18th, a good six months in advance I was thinking of him. A few months closer I booked a table at Hard Rock Cafe. I sent him a letter in a post, telling him to meet me at the station at 10 in the morning, look smart and to bring some money. It was annoymous and hadn't a clue what the hell was going on. He turned up (luckily!). We went around London for the day, went and had dinner and then the show. He loves the theatre and Hard Rock Cafe was perfect as it was his thing.

In retrospect he didn't deserve it.

As I don't have a "best" (and when I say best I'm not talking about money, I'm talking about thought, consideration) present from a friend, my worst had to be hair from my cousin. Hair. Wow. :s-smilie:

That is so sweet. Bless. Why didn't he deserve it? The sod :\
Reply 5
Blowjob.
On my birthday a few months ago my girlfriend got me the most awesome versace watch, it's the first time I've ever genuinely liked a gift from somebody (other than my parents). I like it so much I don't even like wearing it on a daily basis in case it gets scratched or something, only on certain occasions when I've got a suit or going to a high end place.

This christmas I'm taking her to italy so she can spend it with her family, she misses them so I planned it with her sister over there..she's the only one who knows, it will be a surprise for my gf and the rest of her family. I think the gifts I give get better by the year, probably because as I'm older I'm in a more serious relationship.
Reply 7
Original post by Miss Behaving
That is so sweet. Bless. Why didn't he deserve it? The sod :\

My letter was formal and not quite as simple as I made it out to be haha! The idea was awesome and would totally recommend it to anyone to try if they're planning anything like that as the effect was perfect! He was freaking out thinking who the hell was writing to him asking to meet to go into London! His mum knew in advance so there wasn't a chance he wasn't going to turn up so I had that covered!

:frown: He was my best friend, we were mates for 8 years. He's had/has a girlfriend of about 9/10 years they knew each other when they were very young (another topic altogether) but that didn't make a difference as we were practically like brother and sister we were so close.

I was there for him through thick and thin, the problems he was having at home, how his family was in debt, how his dad was treating him like rubbish, how he cheating on his girlfriend, how he was getting caught up in drugs. The lot. I was ALWAYS there for him. Rarely was he there for me.

Theere were several other things that caused problems but the time I truely needed him was when I had left for uni and was a bit all over the place and just needed some support and to talk things out with, how I'd been getting along, what I was doing, in order to help me settle down. The short story is that he wasn't there for me. He made no effort to speak to me. It always ended up with me doing everything in the friendship.

I thought it simply wasn't worth it. Why should I put in 100% and get nothing back from you? Ever. And that was it. It was his birthday last month. I still think of him. I shouldn't He didn't deserve anything that I did. I got a ****ty book join between him and his girlfriend for my 18th. Haven't touched it since it was opened. I just regret the time I wasted on him.

Saying that I've never met anyone like him. Have yet to feel the same connection with someone where I could just totally relax, talk about everything under the sun and not worry about how it was said. I feel as if I've a hole missing and I'm trying to find someone to replace it but no one quite does. I'm in a bit of a rut really.

ANYWAYS.. enough of me. Back on topic. (I expect that was probably more than you needed to know but once I got going I couldn't stop lol.)
Original post by TVC15
My letter was formal and not quite as simple as I made it out to be haha! The idea was awesome and would totally recommend it to anyone to try if they're planning anything like that as the effect was perfect! He was freaking out thinking who the hell was writing to him asking to meet to go into London! His mum knew in advance so there wasn't a chance he wasn't going to turn up so I had that covered!

:frown: He was my best friend, we were mates for 8 years. He's had/has a girlfriend of about 9/10 years they knew each other when they were very young (another topic altogether) but that didn't make a difference as we were practically like brother and sister we were so close.

I was there for him through thick and thin, the problems he was having at home, how his family was in debt, how his dad was treating him like rubbish, how he cheating on his girlfriend, how he was getting caught up in drugs. The lot. I was ALWAYS there for him. Rarely was he there for me.

Theere were several other things that caused problems but the time I truely needed him was when I had left for uni and was a bit all over the place and just needed some support and to talk things out with, how I'd been getting along, what I was doing, in order to help me settle down. The short story is that he wasn't there for me. He made no effort to speak to me. It always ended up with me doing everything in the friendship.

I thought it simply wasn't worth it. Why should I put in 100% and get nothing back from you? Ever. And that was it. It was his birthday last month. I still think of him. I shouldn't He didn't deserve anything that I did. I got a ****ty book join between him and his girlfriend for my 18th. Haven't touched it since it was opened. I just regret the time I wasted on him.

Saying that I've never met anyone like him. Have yet to feel the same connection with someone where I could just totally relax, talk about everything under the sun and not worry about how it was said. I feel as if I've a hole missing and I'm trying to find someone to replace it but no one quite does. I'm in a bit of a rut really.

ANYWAYS.. enough of me. Back on topic. (I expect that was probably more than you needed to know but once I got going I couldn't stop lol.)

It's ok. it can be good to let it all out. 'Hugs' x
My best friend from high school gave me a gorgeous fabric-covered notebook for my birthday (I have a stationery obsession and own more spiral-bound notebooks than can possibly be good for me). Inside she'd written a list of suggestions on what to use the notebook for, including: planning out stories, writing out cake recipes, ideas for photographs, Latin poetry or lists of music that I want to share with people.

The notebook is beautiful. What's even more lovely is that the letter inside showed just how well she knows me. I love writing, baking, taking photographs and Latin literature, and I used to give lots of friends mixtapes. Most people I know would only have been able to name 1 or 2 of those hobbies, but she nailed pretty much every use I would ever have thought of for that notebook myself.
Reply 10
I need some ideas for a present for a girl as well.

Why is it so hard to get gifts for girls..=/
my boyfriend once wrote me a poem, which i thought was really lovely, since he's an english student and knows I love his writing :smile:

also for my 18th birthday I got a trollbead bracelet, and every bead on it means something special to me, and he bought me one of these to remind me of him when he's not there since I wear it quite a lot and its so special :biggrin:
I've only once had a girlfriend at Christmas and never so far at my birthday so I guess I can't answer with any comparison until this Christmas!
Original post by paradox13
I need some ideas for a present for a girl as well.

Why is it so hard to get gifts for girls..=/

Depends how well you know the girl - I've got my girlfriend loads and I have to keep stopping myself from buying more (for financial reasons :p:) because I keep on seeing more and more things for her.
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
Depends how well you know the girl - I've got my girlfriend loads and I have to keep stopping myself from buying more (for financial reasons :p:) because I keep on seeing more and more things for her.

i'm like this with my boyfriend haha! i just can't help myself :P have been rather restrained this christmas!! for his birthday i got him a poster, a pack of playing cards with photos from his life on the back of each, and a drawing I did of david tennant (nothing wrong with home made is there eh?!) and for our 6month anniversary a statue of a wolf since he is obsessed :P
Original post by CameraGirl
i'm like this with my boyfriend haha! i just can't help myself :P have been rather restrained this christmas!! for his birthday i got him a poster, a pack of playing cards with photos from his life on the back of each, and a drawing I did of david tennant (nothing wrong with home made is there eh?!) and for our 6month anniversary a statue of a wolf since he is obsessed :P

Aw that's nice :smile: I can't say what I've got my girlfriend cos she's on here and might be stalking me :p:
For my birthday last year my boyfriend gave me a silver necklace with an artistic rendition of the infinity symbol on it. I wear it all the time and I feel quite bare without it now! :biggrin:
Birthday Present: A giant Me-To-You teddy
Christmas Present: Charm bracelet.

I've only ever taken my bracelet off to switch hands. It's been on my wrist(s) non stop for almost two years. It's one of the nicest presents I've ever been given.

My teddy is really good for comfort. I'm in an LDR so my teddy provides a lot of comfort for me when I'm missing my boyfriend. I love him (both teddy and boyfriend) :smile:.
Reply 18
A rim job, on my ___.

Insert any three letter word you like.
A ring and a necklace.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending