Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to create a blog to get advice and track progress.

I'll be posting weekly maxs with a few photos and good workout mixes.

Nothing too fancy, I was a skinny runt and only started using the gym a month ago, but I'm getting healthier so I want to continue and improve.

mon: deltoids traps lats and quads
    tues: chest biceps triceps and hamstrings
    rest
    thurs: abdo circuits + upper from 1
    fri: sprints + upper from 2
    weekend

Warmup with 10 minutes cardio. 2 exercises per muscle, starting with the largest groups. 3 sets (12, 8 and 4), aiming to fail on the last rep.

Diet: 3000 cal = 200g protein, 400g carbs + fat

Hopefully I'll get a bmi, bp, resting hr and maybe some lipid stuff as well which will satisfy my nerdy side. mmm graphs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buzzcat)
    I want to create a blog to get advice and track progress.

I'll be posting weekly maxs with a few photos and good workout mixes.

Nothing too fancy, I was a skinny runt and only started using the gym a month ago, but I'm getting healthier so I want to continue and improve.

mon: deltoids traps lats and quads
    tues: chest biceps triceps and hamstrings
    rest
    thurs: abdo circuits + upper from 1
    fri: sprints + upper from 2
    weekend

Warmup with 10 minutes cardio. 2 exercises per muscle, starting with the largest groups. 3 sets (12, 8 and 4), aiming to fail on the last rep.

Diet: 3000 cal = 200g protein, 400g carbs + fat

Hopefully I'll get a bmi, bp, resting hr and maybe some lipid stuff as well which will satisfy my nerdy side. mmm graphs
    What exercises do you do on each day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RawJoh1)
    What exercises do you do on each day?
    day1: lat pull downs, one arm row, lat raises, shoulder press, rear lat raise, leg ext, prisoner squats

day2: bicep curls, hammer curls, tricep ext, bench dip, leg curl, chest press, chest flies, decline push ups, side lunge, calf raises

abdo: situp, toe touch, bridge crunch and bicycle kicks in circuit

sprints: 30 second sprints with 1 min rest jogging in between

ReputationRep:
    Is it good that I don't get muscle pain for day after the gym now, or a sign that I need to move up weight?

ReputationRep:
    Is it good that I don't get muscle pain for day after the gym now, or a sign that I need to move up weight?
    DOMS isn't really a good or bad sign from what I have gathered. I guess it shows the muscle has been worked but not having DOMS doesn't mean you haven't worked that muscle,if that makes sense. Usually, you will get DOMS after a period out of the gym but I guess it depends on the person!

To sum up, no it isn't a sign you need to move up weight. Just move up weight when you can.

ReputationRep:
    I;d say start with a weight that you can do 4x8 sets/reps with, move up to 4x12 with that weight then up the weight. Not with free weights, but as you seem to be using machines which normally only go up in 10kg increments then thats probably the most effective method of lifting more for x/y sets/reps.

ReputationRep:
    well this went nowhere fast...

here's january, kicking off what will probably be the lowest grossing, gross calendar of 2011.

Spoiler:
    Show

if you look closely, you can see a tricep

ReputationRep:
    time to restart this

baseline:

RHR 62 BP 124/86 W 65kg
    FVC+PEF ? TC ?
    max BP ? SQ ?

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phillipsherman)
    quality
    thanks for that phil

have a good weekend

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.