Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Hi this is one of my concept designs for my Architecture course. Ive estimated it to be around 3000m2 (floor space)
    My design theme is pop art or other similar movements. And i have chosen to do a Library in the City of Cambridge.

Is this large enough?

Also can i have views on the design itself?

Likes/Dislikes?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Instantly I think Rubik's cube; tis up to you whether you think good or bad lol.
    Atm I personally find it a bit too geometrical for pop-art. But that's just what I associate pop-art.
    I don't know if your colours are final, but I think a slight rework wouldn't go amiss, just rearrange and experiment with more colours

ReputationRep:
    how did you come up with this 'square-ish' design?

just spontaneous thought?

ReputationRep:
    it looks kind of hideous
    and i mean that as lovingly as possible
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Well yes it did come from the rubix cube. I thought pop art - Bright colours, simple shapes. Seemed like the perfect idea.
    This is only a concept design though.

ReputationRep:
    it's the awful colours and the way it's presented that makes it look 'hideous' the over shape is actually quite nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gunnerzz)
    Well yes it did come from the rubix cube. I thought pop art - Bright colours, simple shapes. Seemed like the perfect idea.
    This is only a concept design though.
    I'd say experiment more with the colours, they don't seem to gel atm. Also play around with the layout. Yes it is simple...but that's just it...it's simple.
    You want simple but amazing which it's not atm. Sorry!

What other movements have you looked at or considered looking at?

This thread makes me sad. If only I'd continued to fuel my passion for arts, design etc ..

ReputationRep:
    I love it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.