Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I would like to do an animation degree at university but have only done Alevels, and my top choices require an interview and portfolio which I do not have. Is there anything I can do until the interview that can help me or that I can do to show them in the interview as my portfolio?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alistair26)
    I would like to do an animation degree at university but have only done Alevels, and my top choices require an interview and portfolio which I do not have. Is there anything I can do until the interview that can help me or that I can do to show them in the interview as my portfolio?
    how about doing a foundation course in art and design, this course will help you develop a portfolio and not only learn a little bit bout animation, but just art in general like from illustration to textile design, it is a great course but alot of work, to be honest unless you want to go into computer animation(which is different.....invovles more programming), i dont think you will find another way to study an animation course without a pre qualification relating to it.....unless your einstein or something.

me-illustration & animation at kingston. this is the method i got in.

ReputationRep:
    well the one i want to do is a 2 year foundation in animation then a one year BA (hons) top up, plus i want to start it this year, thanks for the reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alistair26)
    well the one i want to do is a 2 year foundation in animation then a one year BA (hons) top up, plus i want to start it this year, thanks for the reply
    okay, well.....erm......you could make a mini portfolio, couple of storyboards, sketchbook of ideas and make a couple of animations from those ideas, most basic is stop motion animation, learn how to use pro premiere or another program dragon on youtube and then...maybe research animators you like.

sorry if this isnt useful but base on the info you've given, it sounds like you didnt do any art and design related courses before and to be honest i would imagine it will be tough getting in without a portfolio to show.

i suggest maybe seeing an advisor or maybe ring up (anon) the course tutor and ask what do they expect from a student who wants to start animation but no revelant course. Animation is a tedious process they dont want to teach someone who's thinks lightly of animation.

might help if you provide what youve done so far, and why animation and roughly where, then someone hopefully on tsr might help.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.