The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Swansea. :adore: Beautiful place, amazing people.

And SuicideCommando.
Somewhere Southern :smile:
Brussels. We shaft Europe up the bum hole.
Reply 163
Manchester for sure. It's the capital of the north and it's a great place to be.
Reply 164
Original post by Swell
Well seen as though Yorkshire is the king of all countys, it would have to be York. :biggrin:

Or Huddersfield?

I agree with that bit but York is awful to get around, and Huddersfield is tiny!
I would vote for Leeds, it's got a huge business/financial district, not to mention the 2nd (I'm not sure on this fact, I read it ages ago) biggest train station outside of London. And Leeds is great for shopping too! :smile:
Reply 165
Manchester
STOKE ON TRENT!!! lol
Reply 167
Personally, i would like to be Oxford or Cambridge.

But practically speaking it has to be Bristol, Birmingham or Manchester. Oh and if you're counting Scotland too, then Edinburgh would be a worthy contender.
Reply 168
Original post by dnumberwang
Actually the West Midlands urban area and Greater Manchester both have about 2.2 million people, I think West Midlands has slightly more though. It doesn't even matter, neither of them should be capital, they're both ****holes

but they weren't, they were new planned cities

New planned cities who were created to become political and productional havens, but other cities were developed and simply took over in all aspects throughout the years, inevitably and uncontrollably....

Birmingham is actually very nice, not too much city junk here, there is a nice bit of country within the borders, it's also ideally placed, it would become a political centre in the heart of England. I don't hate Manchester at all, I just consider it 2nd choice.
It has to be Manchester. Birmingham is just a ****hole.
Manchester please :smile:
Reply 171
madchesta!
How about Glasgow?? It's a very sunny, beautiful and friendly place :teehee: I would be so amused if it was...:p:
Original post by Left Hand Drive
A little town in the west of Scotland called Kilbirnie

My grandpa used to be in (and coach?) their football team :p:
Reply 174
Come on guys lets go some where warmer.. Lets invade Sydney again..
Reply 175
Original post by Fuzzed_Out
There is an act of parliament saying it's the nearest capital of a country within the United Kingdom, Wales is a principality so it's Edinburgh.

Do you have a link? I'm intrigued
Original post by Aantttt
Do you have a link? I'm intrigued

I can't find it the moment but I definitely remember reading it somewhere on OPSI or a similar site.
Reply 177
Original post by Blueflare
Interesting question... apart from size, what is it about Birmingham that makes it so likely?

Manchester has more stuff in it, doesn't it? I'd want Manchester.

No.
Original post by ch0llima
:lolwut:, really?

:teehee: geography fail

Anyway, I wouldn't nominate Edinburgh because the Scottish Parliament already has their base here. How about Oxford or somewhere like that?

Isn't Dublin a part of the UK? After all its located in Ireland..
Original post by Malsy
No.

:p:

Latest