Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Serious cheese cravings Watch

ReputationRep:
    For the past week I have craved cheese at night SO BAD. just now, I've eaten a whole thing of Cheshire cheese :/ with salad cream! I don't know what's wrong with me... I can't sleep until I've had some!

(Original post by insignificant)
      For the past week I have craved cheese at night SO BAD. just now, I've eaten a whole thing of Cheshire cheese :/ with salad cream! I don't know what's wrong with me... I can't sleep until I've had some!
      Cool, I like cheese too. Maybe you can incorporate it into your diet? Cheese (cheddar) and pickle sandwiches, camembert or brie on a slice of fruit cake, stilton on a bacon butty (with ketchup), stuff like that.

Or just eat an entire roquefort and see how much you want cheese after that.

ReputationRep:
      I love cheese!

ReputationRep:
      you're pregnant.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Bubbles0ox)
      you're pregnant.
      What :confused:

I literally still can't stop eating it, right now I want a cheese and tomato sandwich

ReputationRep:
      Cheese'n'marmite sandwiches. 'Nuff said.
      Go4it.

ReputationRep:
      You're probs after salt or fat. Have a look at the rest of your diet, has it been normal? Or have you been eating more sugar, less fat, drinking more/less etc that normal?
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      I've had the exact same craving for the past week too! I just keep having big chunks of it on its own :|

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by FuzzySheep)
      I've had the exact same craving for the past week too! I just keep having big chunks of it on its own :|
      Me tooo! :eek:
      Now my mum's brought a whole box of cheese selection

ReputationRep:
      I was seriously craving cheese last week. I got through one of those smaller-blocks in less than a week! I think I am 'over it' for now though lol - that and I don't have any left in the fridge.

It is so stupid. I have decided to go vegan again and that was when my craving started. I think it was a response to that lol. Still, that is it for me and cheese [none-vegan cheese at least].
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by xPixie)
      Me tooo! :eek:
      Now my mum's brought a whole box of cheese selection
      I must get myself one of those! I just have those cute mini Cathedral City blocks, heavenly.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by affinity89)
      I was seriously craving cheese last week. I got through one of those smaller-blocks in less than a week! I think I am 'over it' for now though lol - that and I don't have any left in the fridge.

It is so stupid. I have decided to go vegan again and that was when my craving started. I think it was a response to that lol. Still, that is it for me and cheese [none-vegan cheese at least].
      Can you get vegan cheese? :confused:

ReputationRep:
      Mmmm cheese

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Potiron)
      Can you get vegan cheese? :confused:
      You can.

One brand I know of is called 'Sheese' though, which is a rubbish name.

ReputationRep:
      You can.

agreed, when you think about 'Sh...' words you could merge with 'Cheese' it doesn't lead to nice thought's about what's in it

ReputationRep:
      You can.

Do they make it out of coagulated soya milk? Would that work?

(Original post by KissMyArtichoke)
      agreed, when you think about 'Sh...' words you could merge with 'Cheese' it doesn't lead to nice thought's about what's in it
      I had a look at their website, they refuse to say what goes into it. I will assume the worst and keep eating coagulated cow juice protein. With calf stomach lining.

ReputationRep:
      Do they make it out of coagulated soya milk? Would that work?

I had a look at their website, they refuse to say what goes into it. I will assume the worst and keep eating coagulated cow juice protein.
      Vegan cheese tends to be made from soya, yes. Last time I followed a vegan diet, I only tried it in vegan restaurants, where they knew what to do with the stuff. This time, I will try to cook with it myself though. It is worth a go at least.

ReputationRep:
      Vegan cheese tends to be made from soya, yes. Last time I followed a vegan diet, I only tried it in vegan restaurants, where they knew what to do with the stuff. This time, I will try to cook with it myself though. It is worth a go at least.
      There are recipes and suggestions on the Sheese website. You could make truffles with creamy sheese. Or macaroni sheese. What are you planning?

I just love typing sheese.

ReputationRep:
      There are recipes and suggestions on the Sheese website. You could make truffles with creamy sheese. Or macaroni sheese. What are you planning?

I just love typing sheese.
      Haha.

I don't know really. Truffles sound fancy though! It is a lifestyle choice for the foreseeable future, so no doubt I will experiment a bit as time passes. I love cooking, so trying new products is always fun - even when they are called sheese lol.

It is funny that so many of us have had cheese cravings this week. It isn't the sort of thing I usually crave.

ReputationRep:
      I just had a garlic Kiev thing with sooooooooo much cheese on top yummm

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.