Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where do you buy t-shirts from? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I buy a t-shirt, the sleeves always seem to be really short, they don't even get half way between my shoulder and elbow, so they look kinda daft, and if I buy bigger t-shirts, they would be too long and baggy for my body. Maybe it's because I have long arms and a short body, I don't know!

Anyway, where would you recommend buying t-shirts from? I've tried places like Primark but they aren't (imo) nice.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hiya
    Well I think it depends how tall are you, and what size are you.
    I'm a female though I don't fancy dressing neither too girly neither too tomboish like. So finding tshirt that are my size and not girly was a bit of a problem for a while. I'm 163cm tall, round size 10-12, so what I do is buy... t-shirts from BOYS section, for either 11-12yrs or 13yrs (it depends on brand - some brands make t-shirt a bit shorter or tighter and I have to go for size "13yrs"). The shop I buy from is Sports Direct. Unless you want to wear Nike and Adidas, you can get other 'brand', cool tshirt for as cheap as 3 or 4 quid (if it's a sale - and it's always sale in Sports Direct).

"Cool" tshirts for boys go really nice with suit jackets + blue jeans + trainers.

ReputationRep:
    I buy them online from iwanpants. They have a great collection and discounts are pretty interesting there.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to either get plain t-shirt from tescos/M&S if I'm only going to wear them under stuff, or I have about three hundred t-shirts from various sports teams I support/play for, or band t-shirts.

I can't think of any patterned or slogan t-shirts I own. Wearing your typical topman rubbish, emblazoned with nonsensical word combinations just looks retarded. Wearing "humorous" slogans just reminds me of some geekiest of maths geeks from the PhD department.

ReputationRep:
    I get most of my favourite T-shirts from gigs...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.