Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm currently working night shifts at Sainsburys over the Christmas period, and am just curious whether other people have experience of them and what their impressions are. Aside from messing my body clock up, I'm finding it really hard work physically. I'm not the fittest person in the world, and my back's not great, which doesn't help. I also get the feeling I've not been trained very well on a lot of things - nothing really difficult or anything, mind you, just a feeling I've done various things wrong which I wouldn't have done if someone had bothered to tell me. Getting the right amount of stock onto the shelf in the right way is sometimes a lot more fiddly than it looks (you might not recognise this unless you've tried it!). There are all sorts of little easy mistakes to make.

I'm aware the night shift leaders are going around putting pressure on people, telling them "you're going slow tonight", "you need to work faster" and so on. Several of the people who started at the same time as me have had this experience. It's not happened to me yet, though I've got a gut feeling it might not be long until they're breathing down my neck in the same way.

Anyone else been through any of this?

Yours,

Scrabble

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.