Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

**** protests lets just go raving - that'll piss 'em off. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like all this fighting malarky and even feel sorry for the police who have been made to look really stupid standing around like lemons purely because our government is so corrupt.

It all just seems really uneccessary in light of the fact that we ultimately do have the choice as to whether or not we buy into all this. I haven't been to a single protest but equally I do have massive respect for this new generation of students that are standing up for themselves - the kids are fighting back!!

If I was just about to embark on a degree course I would simply just postpone it for a coupla years until they come to their senses and bring the prices back down again. It would probably be more worthwhile to go travelling or get some work experience in the meantime rather than living in poverty for 3 years because those stupid ****wits (who prolly had grants in their day and have never had to worry about money, ever) have decided to triple the price when it should be seen as an investment.

And how annoying would it be to pay all that money only for them to bring the prices back down again??

Anyway my view is we're are future of this country- the one's who have the power to change things so taking away our right to education is bound to cause mayhem.

ReputationRep:
    real talk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missdelerious)
    I don't really like all this fighting malarky and even feel sorry for the police who have been made to look really stupid standing around like lemons purely because our government is so corrupt.

It all just seems really uneccessary in light of the fact that we ultimately do have the choice as to whether or not we buy into all this. I haven't been to a single protest but equally I do have massive respect for this new generation of students that are standing up for themselves - the kids are fighting back!!

If I was just about to embark on a degree course I would simply just postpone it for a coupla years until they come to their senses and bring the prices back down again. It would probably be more worthwhile to go travelling or get some work experience in the meantime rather than living in poverty for 3 years because those stupid ****wits (who prolly had grants in their day and have never had to worry about money, ever) have decided to triple the price when it should be seen as an investment.

And how annoying would it be to pay all that money only for them to bring the prices back down again??

Anyway my view is we're are future of this country- the one's who have the power to change things so taking away our right to education is bound to cause mayhem.
    Nobody likes violence, but sometimes it's necessary.

ReputationRep:

Cool story, bro

PS. I think these protests are w ank but can I still come to the rave?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimme More)
    Nobody likes violence, but sometimes it's necessary.
    No body likes being kettled but sometimes it's necessary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince Rupert)
    No body likes being kettled but sometime it's necessary
    Why are you here?

Do you think your piddling efforts are somehow going to pacify young people whose aspirations were decimated on December the 9th?

People don't resort to physical action because they want to.

I guarantee you that if the government announced it was scrapping this (and other insensitive plans) the violence would stop.

ReputationRep:

That was the most misinformed and worst arguement against the rise in fees i've read so far.

'grats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lm_wfc)
    That was the most misinformed and worst arguement against the rise in fees i've read so far.

'grats
    It's better than the best argument in favor of these cuts.

ReputationRep:
    It's better than the best argument in favor of these cuts.
    really?

the arguement for cuts: people shout pay for what they benefit from and our economy cant afford it.

against it the above post:
    "living in poverty for 3 years because those stupid ****wits (who prolly had grants in their day and have never had to worry about money, ever) have decided to triple the price when it should be seen as an investment."

they are rising the tuition fees, which you only pay back later, you wont be in 'poverty', get a job

ReputationRep:
    Why are you here?

Do you think your piddling efforts are somehow going to pacify young people whose aspirations were decimated on December the 9th?

People don't resort to physical action because they want to.

I guarantee you that if the government announced it was scrapping this (and other insensitive plans) the violence would stop.
    So, the democratically elected government that millions voted for is supposed to scrap it's pre election manifesto (the Tories made no promises on tuition fees or any other cuts and still got more of the vote than anyother party) and let a bunch of work shy yobs and ill-informed students more interested in getting pissed everynight than protesting about anything till now dictate government policy?

What else would you have them do? No fees at all I take it, and no other cuts so the country goes bankrupt and is eventually bailed out by the EU, who impose all the same cuts anyway a la Greece and Ireland?

Make banks pay more tax so they move to other countries and take their millions of tax revenue and jobs with them?

I'm all ears to this utopia of yours...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince Rupert)
    So, the democratically elected government that millions voted for is supposed to scrap it's pre election manifesto (the Tories made no promises on tuition fees or any other cuts and still got more of the vote than anyother party) and let a bunch of work shy yobs and ill-informed students more interested in getting pissed everynight than protesting about anything till now dictate government policy?

What else would you have them do? No fees at all I take it, and no other cuts so the country goes bankrupt and is eventually bailed out by the EU, who impose all the same cuts anyway a la Greece and Ireland?

Make banks pay more tax so they move to other countries and take their millions of tax revenue and jobs with them?

I'm all ears to this utopia of yours...
    First of all, the Conservative Party won no election. There was a "Hung Parliament". The majority of voters in this country voted for other parties, but because of the way the system is set up, the Conservatives had the largest number of seats.

Now, those you call "work shy yobs" are actually British Citizens priced out of the labor market by EU migrant workers encouraged to come and live here by Global Corporations who dictate orders (aided by EU Bureaucracy) to the British Government.

These students you describe as worthless have been made so by the consequences of the Conservative ideology you espouse.

Now, prior to 2004, things were somewhat more bearable in this country. Immigration was high but manageable. Government spending was (for all intents and purposes) conducted with a token of fiscal responsibility. The prospects of jobs for lower and working classed youths was still on life support. Education funding was adequate. It wasn't great, but it was acceptable.

After 2004 things took a turn for the worse. Need I explain why?

The result of this was the rejection of a Labour government.

The Conservative government comes in and decides to exacerbate all problems by slashing government spending with ostensibly indiscriminate relish, and yet there is method to their madness. Notice £7 billion set aside to help new born children, 2 year olds, and a "Pupil Premium" supposedly to help poorer children - a surreptitious safety net for the 2 million EU migrant children born in this country in the last couple of years. Notice billions of pounds set aside for international development programs, and billions paid upfront to the EU as both tribute and aid to floundering EU economies, and all of this under the aegis of a party claiming to put Britain first.

Right there in this promotion of a New Roman Empire lies the siphoned off wealth of a nation, which, put to better use could fund free education for EVERY British child and adult.

But no. You'd rather have 30 million poor British people placed one way or another in long term debt, starting with the young!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.