The Student Room Group

Should I keep seeing this guy? He seems to try to get with other girls>

Hey

So i have been seeing this guy for not very long, about nearly 2 weeks. When we met for the first time, I liked him and he liked me too. It was from the internet btw. Well, i once asked him what he was looking for, he said he wanted to let things happen naturally, which is a good thing because I dont know what I want either. We have kissed and done other things but not sex lol. This guy seems to be nice so far and I'd like to see more of him.

I mean, we are not like bf gf so obviously I have no rights to be jealous. But because I'm seeing him, I keep checking his profile on the dating website that where we got to know each other. And I could see that he wanted to get with girls badly. I mean, he posted on his wall things like "girls from xxxx(area) talk to me, here is my bb pin" or "im so bored at work, girls entertain me"....... and stuff like that. It's not like he doesnt wanna see me. He wants to see me and we already made plans for tomorrow but wtf does he want to talk to other girls so badly? Im not his gf or anything but this is making me feel like im not good enough. Hes still up for meeting but he doesnt text me as much as before, but instead maybe looking for other girls. idk maybe im just being paranoid but i feel like he just wants to use me as someone temporary and looks for someone better, or maybe he likes to have attention from a lot of girls?

I dont know what I should do though. Should I talk to him about this? or theres no point? (coz im not his gf and have no right to be jealous) or should I just tell him I dont wanna see him anymore because of all those things? I mean,why would he want to get with other girls so badly?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
I think you should redress your taste in music before worring about anything else.
Reply 2
Original post by mau5
I think you should redress your taste in music before worring about anything else.

lol thanks for the suggestion but please be more relevant :smile:
Ditch him, you haven't 'put out' so he's trying to get it elsewhere. Men/boys like that will seek it elsewhere even if they're getting it from you
Reply 4
forgot him ....
Reply 5
anyone else?
Reply 6
I could be wrong, but I don't think this will end well. How do you know that when you are bf and gf he won't still be doing the same thing? If it was me, I would have been completely put off.
Reply 7
He's doing nothing wrong.

He's dating! Until you make a commitment to 'go out with' or 'be seeing' one person, then date whoever you can get your hands on imo.

I'm currently dating 4-5 girls, and I may well end up seeing one of them formally, but at the moment we're just testing the water. I also know for a fact that at least 2 of them are also dating other guys, and this does not bother me.
It's a bit of a slap in the face tbh. You may not be bf/gf but it's still disrespectful.
He can do what or whoever he wants. You're not in a relationship so he owes you no loyalty. Plus you don't even know what you want either! You could screw him over!

Accept it or move on to someone more submissive/clingy is my advice
Reply 10
Original post by ilovethekooks
Hey

So i have been seeing this guy for not very long, about nearly 2 weeks. When we met for the first time, I liked him and he liked me too. It was from the internet btw. Well, i once asked him what he was looking for, he said he wanted to let things happen naturally, which is a good thing because I dont know what I want either. We have kissed and done other things but not sex lol. This guy seems to be nice so far and I'd like to see more of him.

I mean, we are not like bf gf so obviously I have no rights to be jealous. But because I'm seeing him, I keep checking his profile on the dating website that where we got to know each other. And I could see that he wanted to get with girls badly. I mean, he posted on his wall things like "girls from xxxx(area) talk to me, here is my bb pin" or "im so bored at work, girls entertain me"....... and stuff like that. It's not like he doesnt wanna see me. He wants to see me and we already made plans for tomorrow but wtf does he want to talk to other girls so badly? Im not his gf or anything but this is making me feel like im not good enough. Hes still up for meeting but he doesnt text me as much as before, but instead maybe looking for other girls. idk maybe im just being paranoid but i feel like he just wants to use me as someone temporary and looks for someone better, or maybe he likes to have attention from a lot of girls?

I dont know what I should do though. Should I talk to him about this? or theres no point? (coz im not his gf and have no right to be jealous) or should I just tell him I dont wanna see him anymore because of all those things? I mean,why would he want to get with other girls so badly?

At first I was sure I knew how I would feel about this, now I am not sure.

The bit that surprised me; okay it's right so you are not actual a couple so what he is doing is not technically wrong at all.

Now though. Do you really want a relationship with anyone like this at all. I don't see how a man would behave like this at all. It made me feel very uneasy about if you would want a relationship with anyone like that.

From personal experience I also see a lot of people. However, and this is a big however, I do not do it concurrently. I do not like the idea of leading anyone on and I would not use them for my general amusement, ego or physical needs. This is why I often end things quickly, pull off the bandaid. I have also met through internet a few times and again if it will not work it does not last. That does not mean that you are flippant with relationships. If I find someone that sets my heart, mind, soul and body alight then it's the greatest thing ever; do you think that you would see online posts "girls come talk to me" hell as far as I am concerned there are no other girls in the world at all at that point. This probably explains why I cycle through people really quickly, I know what I want.

As an aside I am in the process of helping an ex set up her own stables. So just because you're not dating does not mean that you are not going to be friends :smile:.

Okay so to summarise, imo run!
He obviously doesn't want things to happen with you, because he is still trying to get other girls too. He's keeping his options open, to get something "better" (not saying they are better, but maybe hes after something different ie. sex) . This could also be a warning sign to what hes like in a relationship
Reply 12
Guys on the internet, particularly guys who aren't on there because they're just divorced and lonely, are probably bad news a lot of the time. Why is he so desperate to talk to all these girls he's never met? He obviously isn't massively into you or he's just the kind of guy who isn't ever satisfied. If it were ME, I'd ditch him, because I hate feeling like I've been used. However you might be more okay about casual relationships, in which case you can always see where it goes while keeping your options open too?
Reply 13
I think what markrush said above is spot on. I'm not bothered that he's interested in girls, every guy is, but if he is really dating other girls at the same time (are you sure of this?) he is definitely not that into you and (IMO) leading you on. Do you want to be in a relationship with such a guy?

Stop it now before you really get emotionally attached and he screws you over.

It doesn't have to be ugly or dramatic; just tell him you don't think it's working out / going to work out and stop seeing him.
I would let it go, he obviously doesn't want a relationship and wants to play the field. Nowt wrong in that and at least he's being open about it on the dating profile - lots of people would try to hide that and cover their tracks.
don.t u think you deserve better?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending