Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey,my sister is a tomboy.So,she like boy clothes. she like boy stuff. she like boys. She is a girl. Yesterday she bought this kinda long shirt.
    my mom had a quarrel with her,coz my mom wanna her be a beautiful girl.What do you think of it?Is it a bad thing to be a tomboy?
    By the way,I'm not asking about this for me . . . could never pull it off. |D But I'm wondering, what kind of clothes do you think would be good to achieve that "sexy tomboy" look?

ReputationRep:
    who cares? Just because someone dresses a certain way has nothing to do with either their sexuality or gender identity. Maybe your mum should grow up a bit and understand women can be beautiful without adhering to rigid standards of femininity. Take the singer Ladyhawke, beautiful woman but defo a tomboy. The sort of crap your mum is talking is pretty redundant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jiejieli)
    hey,my sister is a tomboy.So,she like boy clothes. she like boy stuff. she like boys. She is a girl. Yesterday she bought this kinda long shirt.
    my mom had a quarrel with her,coz my mom wanna her be a beautiful girl.What do you think of it?Is it a bad thing to be a tomboy?
    By the way,I'm not asking about this for me . . . could never pull it off. |D But I'm wondering, what kind of clothes do you think would be good to achieve that "sexy tomboy" look?
    :google:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BruinsFan91)
    who cares? Just because someone dresses a certain way has nothing to do with either their sexuality or gender identity. Maybe your mum should grow up a bit and understand women can be beautiful without adhering to rigid standards of femininity. Take the singer Ladyhawke, beautiful woman but defo a tomboy. The sort of crap your mum is talking is pretty redundant.
    I love you.

ReputationRep:
    I have a shirt like that and I'm not a tomboy :huff:

ReputationRep:
    Any other ideas?

ReputationRep:
    I've always been tomboyish, and nice trousers are always good. I lived in trousers throughout my entire teenage years; I don't think I wore a skirt once during that time. I do wear them now sometimes though, as they tend to be a bit more flattering. It's always skirts on nights out, but trousers when playing sports.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you trying to make your sister sexy?

ReputationRep:
    Why do care? Just let your sister be herself.

ReputationRep:
    this thread is creepy.

ReputationRep:
    hey,my sister is a tomboy.So,she like boy clothes. she like boy stuff.
    sounds rather like me :holmes:

boys/mens stuff is better :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    She is a girl.
    naww really??

mind=blown

ReputationRep:
    I used to be a tomboy up until I now(16) but I'm not overly girly,skirts only sometimes.As for your sister,let her be.Someone's post before mine about Ladyhawke basically summed up how I feel.

ReputationRep:
    Tomboy can be super cute or hot if its done right. You need to be tomboy but still feminine, hair+face do alot of it (see avril lavigne). As for the clothes, super baggy isnt nice at all, tomboy doesnt mean dressing in a sack...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.