Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who on earth can City replace Tevez with? Watch

ReputationRep:
    There are only a handful of strikers in the world as good as Carlos Tevez, namely Torres, Drogba, Villa and perhaps Higuain and Pato (although probably not). I can't see City being able to get any of these players, no matter how much money they throw at these players' current owners. So who do you think they will replace him with? I have heard rumours about Dzeko from Wolfsburg, but is he really an adequate replacement?

Your thoughts...

ReputationRep:
    They could probably get torres at the end of the season if Liverpool don't sort out their manager...

ReputationRep:
    They could get pretty much anyone, Ronaldo, Messi and Rooney probably being the only exceptions. The former two because they're the best in the world and irreplaceable for their clubs, the latter for obvious reasons. Outside of that, money gets you a lot in football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis1991)
    They could get pretty much anyone, Ronaldo, Messi and Rooney probably being the only exceptions. The former two because they're the best in the world and irreplaceable for their clubs, the latter for obvious reasons. Outside of that, money gets you a lot in football.
    Didn't their failure to get Kaka and Eto prove that not to be the case?

ReputationRep:
    I agree with this, though i have my bets on Torres.

All else fails...i'm game

I kid I kid. I play midfield anyway, on forwards once whilst at school and i got kicked in the fanny. Never going back.

ReputationRep:
    I bet they can't get Villa out of Barcelona either

ReputationRep:
    Crouch.

ReputationRep:

What Colbert said.

Torres is the only viable option I see on that list tbph. And why would Villa go to Man City?

ReputationRep:
      34 years

Diego Milito? Lisandro Lopez?

ReputationRep:
        Think about it; if Real want him we can haggle them into giving us Benzema or Higuain. If not we could go for Dzeko. I'll be interested to see how this pans out.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by James_mcfc)
        Think about it; if Real want him we can haggle them into giving us Benzema or Higuain. If not we could go for Dzeko. I'll be interested to see how this pans out.
        So am I. You raise an interesting point, I couldn't foresee Madrid selling either of those to, but if a part exchange deal for Tevez were involved they may just be tempted. Who would you prefer Benzema or Higuain?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Chucklefiend)
        Different prospect though, they'll almost certainly be offering CL football at the end of the season which i'd imagine will be when they try and replace him. They also have a continentally proven manager who has won major trophies in the past. Might add Villa to the list and possibly Higauin, but the thing is City can offer so much money to make the club want to sell the player, and all they have to do is let the guy know he's not wanted anymore.

ReputationRep:
        The former two because they're the best in the world
        nope

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by scotttb)
        nope
        Messi and Ronaldo. Who's better?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Chucklefiend)

Kaka was...premature. There was a bit of a quandary with loyalty bonuses with Eto'o, and he ended up dicking both us and Barca around. Our position is vastly improved now, and is likely to only get stronger. Villa, Ronaldo et al. may not be options, but the likes of Higuain and Benzema are realistic targets for us.

ReputationRep:
        Messi and Ronaldo. Who's better?

I refer you to Colbert's picture.

ReputationRep:
        Can't see Higuain leaving. Tevez is a good, not great player but I doubt Mourinho would mess up a system and let one of his main players leave for him. Benzema's probably the best shout, but he's a very different player to Tevez. Suarez or Aguero maybe?

ReputationRep:
        The best players in the world will definitely reject city.

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
      Updated: December 18, 2010
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.