The Student Room Group

Lonliness at University

Hi,
I've just started uni in september and I'm finding it difficult! The first few weeks I got here I did everything right, met my flatmates, went out with them and had meals with them. I went to a lot of socials and talked to literally anyone, and I've made a lot of friends that I still see from the first week. I joined societies although I haven't really been going to the meetings much. I met up with people I'd met off facebook prior to coming to uni.

But the thing is I feel lonely. Very lonely. The first few weeks I had a horrible scared feeling inside of me, I'd ring friends and cry for hours to them. Then as I settled in, this had stopped and I began to get into the swing of things. But these past few days it's started again!

I'm a guy that gets on a lot better with girls. I've made one very good friend, we get on so well and me and her are always together when we go to people's parties etc. but what's made me upset is that she's leaving next year to transfer to another uni. Meaning I'm going to be on my own! I'm so depressed atm I've started looking into transfering to another uni aswell, because I think what's the point of me being at this uni with no friends, why don't I just start again at another one? :confused::confused::confused:

I know a lot of people and I try to get to know people better but they really aren't my sort of people (girls that go out just to pull guys, not to have fun). No one seems to have warmed to me the way my friend has, and it kills me inside to know she's not going to here next year. Am I worrying for nothing? Should I not expect to have made really good friends by now?

Sorry I've written an essay but I'm really worried, so much so that it's started affecting my work, I can't stand the silence so always have to have the tv on to keep me company when I'm alone in my room. Any comments will be greatly appreciated. :smile:
Reply 1
Oh God, so many people are lonely at uni, it's my only hope - but when I see these threads. :cry2:
Reply 2
Original post by lonely14
Oh God, so many people are lonely at uni, it's my only hope - but when I see these threads. :cry2:

Let's hope you're not prophetically named.
Reply 3
Original post by Sapientia
Let's hope you're not prophetically named.

:laugh: let's hope not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending