Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to Uni next year, but before i choose my choices i want to know will i get the requirements to study in their subjects.

I was trying to find out how to convert Btec points into Ucas points.
    My grades from last year were 3 Distinctions, 2 merits and 4 passes. which totals 102 Btec tarrif points. so I'm looking to convert that into UCAS points to see how much more i need to get, to get into a Uni.

I've tried pretty much anyone who could possible help me to answer this question but no one is able to tell me so im guessing thats just not how you convert your points. so my next question is roughly how many more distinctions i will need to get a DDM or DMM?

ReputationRep:
    Okay I have a rough Idea for you.
    according to my overall grade calculator you would need 7 Distinctions for a DDM or for DMM it would be 6 Distinctions

ReputationRep:
    thanks for that ! what would i need for an overall DDD?
    would you have a link to this calulator? how accurate is it ?

http://www.go2uni.net/go/images/stories/tables.jpg

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by kevsd)
      would you have a link to this calculator? how accurate is it ?
      if your looking at DDD, with your current unit score your looking at

7 Distinctions
      2 Merits

6 * 18 = 108
      3 * 12 = 36

150 + 108 = 258

Diploma PPP=108 MPP=132 MMP=156 MMM=180 DMM=204 DDM=228 DDD=252

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MylesXD)
      if your looking at DDD, with your current unit score your looking at

7 Distinctions
      2 Merits

6 * 18 = 108
      3 * 12 = 36

150 + 108 = 258

Diploma PPP=108 MPP=132 MMP=156 MMM=180 DMM=204 DDM=228 DDD=252
      wow. Isn't easier to get 3 C's at A level (300 ucas points) than to sit around all day typing up coursework when you could be learning?

confused... and 252 ucas points isn't a lot is it? :confused: no intention of being rude

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ilyking)
      wow. Isn't easier to get 3 C's at A level (300 ucas points) than to sit around all day typing up coursework when you could be learning?

confused... and 252 ucas points isn't a lot is it? :confused: no intention of being rude
      nooooo haha do u do A level? cause this is BTEC points completely different

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by kevsd)
      would you have a link to this calulator? how accurate is it ?
      The calculator I used is one I created, for my course, however all btecs do a total of 18 units over 2 years, so it should add up to the same. I'm happy to attach it if you'd like?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ilyking)
      Lmao, people like you are funny! Who said that BTEC students do not learn? You know what, people actually learn much BETTER when processing the information given and writing/typing it up in their own words, rather than it going in one ear out the other?! The notes you write down, do you remember/revise ALL of them? No, I highly doubt that tbh, at least when we're writing, it is helping us with our final grades.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Crazee')
      Lmao, people like you are funny! Who said that BTEC students do not learn? You know what, people actually learn much BETTER when processing the information given and writing/typing it up in their own words, rather than it going in one ear out the other?! The notes you write down, do you remember/revise ALL of them? No, I highly doubt that tbh, at least when we're writing, it is helping us with our final grades.
      I must admit I agree with you, I'm on an IT course, pretty techy guy anyway, yet i've learnt bloody loads on my BTEC, far more than I would of under A levels

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.