Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I know this sounds a bit odd but I seem to have appaling circulation in my hands especially when using the computer. Its not cold in my room and I feel pretty warm but my hands are freezing and Ive noticed lately that my nails keep going a somewhat worrying bluey colour - short of wearing gloves when I type I really don't know what else to do...

ReputationRep:
    I have this too but lately only my right hand has been cold - not a clue why!

You may have Raynaud's like me, more info. here - http://www.raynauds.org.uk/raynauds/raynauds .

ReputationRep:
    I have this, it's called Raynaud's. Wear gloves, don't smoke and try and keep your fingers moving if they're getting cold! And don't ever let yourself get cold to start with, because I did earlier this year and now I have so many chilblains that I can't bend my fingers properly haha

ReputationRep:
    It does sound like Raynauds disease.
    It's nothing too serious if it is. Most of the time it's just uncomfortable, although in winter it can be really painful, especially when you return to the warm. Gloves are my best friend! haha. You can also buy little handwarmers to put in your gloves which are quite useful this time of year. I've found the postion of my arms at my laptop can have an impact. If I have my arms quite high they are a lot colder. Try putting your laptop lower down?

ReputationRep:
    Radiators generate heat.

ReputationRep:
    I have this aswell,though it also effects my nose, ears, and feet (which is awful when you're trying to walk in the cold!) aswell as my hands. I take a herbal tablet for mine, which I think is called Ginkgo Biloba, to help ease the symptoms in winter and it does work a bit

But like everyone else has said, wear gloves, thermal socks (I find these rubbish but others I know love them!) etc and just try not to be in the cold for too long if you can.

ReputationRep:
    Get some gloves?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 14, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.