Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

And I feel fat.

Whats wrong with me, why do i feel fat. I hate it its horrible.

Is it fat? Or am I having some sort of mental issue here?

(Original post by dnumberwang)
    You're not fat
    I think I have an issue though. Because i think i look bigger in the mirror than my friend, i look at her and think wow shes slim and shes 5'5 and 125 lbs.

Do I have some sort of body dysmorphia? Im freaking out here, because I also have this desire to be really really really thin :/

Wtf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I think I have an issue though. Because i think i look bigger in the mirror than my friend, i look at her and think wow shes slim and shes 5'5 and 125 lbs.

Do I have some sort of body dysmorphia? Im freaking out here, because I also have this desire to be really really really thin :/

Wtf.
    Ermm....You ARE really, really thin!
    One of my friends has a very slim figure, does modelling etc, she is the same height as you and weighs 125 lbs.
    Don't lose any weight!!!

(Original post by ~Amy-Eliza~)
    Ermm....You ARE really, really thin!
    One of my friends has a very slim figure, does modelling etc, she is the same height as you and weighs 125 lbs.
    Don't lose any weight!!!

Im scared to ask my friends because I suppose people might think im fishing for compliments.

But Im really struggling to eat atm because of this, like its on my mind a lot. I feel like some sort of nutter but i cant stop feeling it or thinking it. I look in the mirror and just criticize and see where i have fat

ReputationRep:
    I'm 2lbs heavier than you, and 7.5 inches shorter, and I'm thin!

ReputationRep:
    What is 110lb in stones?

ReputationRep:
    When you start starving yourself and putting your health at risk becasue of it, THEN go and see a doctor.

(Original post by LazyWorseThanInfidel)
    What is 110lb in stones?
    7 stone 10 I think?

And I feel fat.

Whats wrong with me, why do i feel fat. I hate it its horrible.

Is it fat? Or am I having some sort of mental issue here?
      Fat? If anything, you need to put some weight on. I'm the same height as you, maybe an inch more and weigh ~130lb, and I'm the mean side of healthy. So you're not fat.

ReputationRep:
      You are not fat.

ReputationRep:
      you're far too skinny, honestly you should seek help.

ReputationRep:
      It totally depends on body composition, your friend undoubtedly has more muscle mass which takes up less volume for a given weight.

So for e.g she may be say 18% bodyfat and look a certain way but you could be lighter and 28% bodyfat and you will appear fatter - because technically you are.

You need to stop worrying about weight per sae and worry about the type of weight. You can get an 18st fat beer swiller and an 18st super fit rugby player - they are the same weight but totally different compositions so look totally different.

If you want to feel better about yourself start doing some excercise, cardio and resistance training and maintain a healthy balanced diet - not only will this improve your health and general mood it will beging to adjust your body compositon reducing your bf% and giving you a more pleasing shape.

(Original post by MattGriff)
      It totally depends on body composition, your friend undoubtedly has more muscle mass which takes up less volume for a given weight.

So for e.g she may be say 18% bodyfat and look a certain way but you could be lighter and 28% bodyfat and you will appear fatter - because technically you are.

You need to stop worrying about weight per sae and worry about the type of weight. You can get an 18st fat beer swiller and an 18st super fit rugby player - they are the same weight but totally different compositions so look totally different.

If you want to feel better about yourself start doing some excercise, cardio and resistance training and maintain a healthy balanced diet - not only will this improve your health and general mood it will beging to adjust your body compositon reducing your bf% and giving you a more pleasing shape.
      My body fat is 8-10% according to calipers at the gym

I really dont think it has a lot to do with it in my case, i think its psychological

ReputationRep:
      My body fat is 8-10% according to calipers at the gym

I really dont think it has a lot to do with it in my case, i think its psychological
      I highly doubt that, thats nearing on bodybuilder levels of lean.

Basically I think you are either wrong as that is just not realistic or trolling for attention.

ReputationRep:
      You are very thin, if you still feel you need to lose weight and are having trouble eating see a doctor! It's not a healthy mindset at all.

ReputationRep:
      I'm 5'11, about 130 pounds, and pretty damn thin.. what are you, a stick insect?

ReputationRep:
      I once dated a girl who was 5'6 and 98lbs. Many girls would kill for that, however, I always thought she was far too thin. You're general stats are that of a very thin girl if that helps.

ReputationRep:
      I'm 5'6 and 115 pounds. I'm ready to kill to gain weight and you wanna lose weight? Girl, you just sexy the way you are. But seriously though, you may want to seek some genuine professional help for as to why you feel like this.

ReputationRep:
      I dunno some sort of Shallow Hal **** is going on here

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.