Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I bought a new Ps2. How do I get the best picture? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I bpught a PS2 slim. It came with this cable that connnects to the back of the pS2 (of course) and has 3 heads of different colours: white, red and yellow. I've seen another component cable with 5 heads and that's compatible with the PS2 and PS3 will that cable give me a better picture? People say it will but I don't want to waste my money if it won't make a difference

This 5-headed cable is white, red x2, blue and green.

ReputationRep:
    Yes component should give a better picture.

Probably slightly, depending on the quality of your TV, but it wont be massively noticeable tbh.

ReputationRep:
      Yeah the 5 headed cable (it's called a component cable, the 3 headed one is composite) will give you the best quality. I've always found the difference to be quite significant, but I am a bit pickier than most people.
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      Put it in the bin then it gives best picture.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Dumachi)
      Put it in the bin then it gives best picture.
      Why, PS2 is an amazing console! There were so many quality games on it, I find that I play mine FAR more than the xbox 360. Timesplitters anyone?

(Original post by metalthrashin'mad)
        Why, PS2 is an amazing console! There were so many quality games on it, I find that I play mine FAR more than the xbox 360. Timesplitters anyone?
        So much win.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by ritchie888)
        So much win.
        multiplayer with my brother on timesplitters 2 stole away hundreds of hours of my childhood lol
        • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by metalthrashin'mad)

lol i know im only messing

ReputationRep:
        The PS2 is awful, mine is basically new still it got used to infrequently, so bad.

Anywa OP Component should make a difference, does with other consoles.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.