Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Deleted

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    As far as i know delft is an excellent school. It has strong ties with NASA and they really are pretty competitive in your desired field. The other school you mentioned is KTH (Royal Inst. of Tech.) which is good but not as good as delft.

Furthermore Master studies are not free at KTH anymore...swedish parliament charged it something like 20,000 USD/year from now on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steve_Harris)
    As far as i know delft is an excellent school. It has strong ties with NASA and they really are pretty competitive in your desired field. The other school you mentioned is KTH (Royal Inst. of Tech.) which is good but not as good as delft.

Furthermore Master studies are not free at KTH anymore...swedish parliament charged it something like 20,000 USD/year from now on.

Is language going to be a problem there? As far as I know, most people over there speak Dutch and I, on the other hand, have never ever spoken even a word of Dutch

ReputationRep:
    come on! i also have never been to netherlands. but what i know is, dutch people are among the most qualified people on earth. maybe not all of them but at least 90% of them speak adequate english.

furthermore teaching language is english at delft. so you won't have any problems for communication...actually your mother tongue may even give you an advantage, you can express your self better than the others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ms_Flames)
    Is language going to be a problem there? As far as I know, most people over there speak Dutch and I, on the other hand, have never ever spoken even a word of Dutch
    There are an aerospace course in english.

http://www.tudelft.nl/live/pagina.js...4061ef&lang=en

ReputationRep:
    TU Delft and KTH are both very known in Europe, so it is advisable to take them into consideration.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks people! I think I'll apply to Tu Delft...i was thinking of applying to KTH and ETH (Zurich) too but their courses are not in English. I just looked at TU Delft's youtube channel and was totally blown away! The only problem is that the student life seems pretty boring to me. Can anyone shed more light on this?

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know, Delft isn't too bad for student life, but if it gets boring, you could always take the train to Leiden (another university city), Den Haag or Amsterdam. Delft is located in a cluster of cities called the "Randstad", which means all these other cities aren't that far away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ms_Flames)
    Thanks people! I think I'll apply to Tu Delft...i was thinking of applying to KTH and ETH (Zurich) too but their courses are not in English. I just looked at TU Delft's youtube channel and was totally blown away! The only problem is that the student life seems pretty boring to me. Can anyone shed more light on this?
    I live very close to Delft and I can assure you that it is actually a very nice city to live and study in. There are plenty of bars, activities etc especially for students (also since such a large part of the city's population studies at the university). Zusje is also right, in 20 minutes or less you can go to Rotterdam and The Hague. Other cities such as Amsterdam are about an hour train ride away.

So I guess that if you like the university you should definitely go because student life is a lot of fun in Delft.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.