Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Harrods vs Sainsbury's: Which Xmas Temp job? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I already have a job with Sainsbury's now, after doing the interview last week and being invited to the induction starting tomorrow. But I've also just been invited to come to an interview with Harrod's, of which I've got to choose from the available times and dates online to book the interview. But I'm not sure if I should bother with it or not.

Although, I would love to work in Harrod's, as it's a wonderful department store, much more glamorous than any old supermarket, haha. But then again, I already have the job secured at Sainsbury's, which would seem OK enough, and it's much closer to where I live. I get free bus travel where I live so I can travel to Sainsbury's for free, whereas travelling to Harrods could take quite quite long, and also requires paying train and tube fares, which would kinda be burning out some of my wages already :erm:.

Bearing in mind that both roles are temporary, and so there's not much guarantee from either of them that I'll be kept on after the Christmas period. Also, both want me to be as flexible as possible, and so I'm not sure whether working both jobs would be viable in case I get shift clashes. Does anyone have experience of working two jobs at the same time (and more specifically, flexible temporary jobs)?

Basically, I'm just wondering what you think of all this, and what would you do?

There'll be no shortage of overtime for you at Sainsburys if you want it. It's only for Christmas, stick with what you've got and let someone else have the Harrods job.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by FXX)
      There'll be no shortage of overtime for you at Sainsburys if you want it. It's only for Christmas, stick with what you've got and let someone else have the Harrods job.
      Oh, thanks for this post . I think I was leaning more to the Sainsbury's job anyway, for the reasons given already :yep:

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.