Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is there? I'm thinking of changing one of my options to Bangor...and I'm black..I know its an isolated locations so wanted to know if there is black people there??? Or you know any?

ReputationRep:
    Bangor is a very ethnically diverse city and has loads of different people there are people here from all over the world I know alot of black people who live here.

ReputationRep:
    Haha ofcourse there are, there are people of all ethnic groups!

like any university city there are people from all different ethenic background - yes there are a lot of white / Caucasian people at the university (many of whom are welsh - because they get reduced fees and grants to study in wales). its not as diverse as places such as Manchester, Birmingham or london uni's but with societies like Afro-caribbean there are people out there who are of a similar ethnic background to yourself. In all honesty I wouldn't worry about it, you'll me a wide variety of people from many different cultures and backgrounds and you'd be surprised at who your friends will be.

ReputationRep:
      I don't see why it matters....

ReputationRep:
      ^^neither do I

ReputationRep:
      Well you could always go to a uni in Bradford if black people are the only thing you want.

Edit: I'm sure my brother acts black sometimes at uni anyway :ahee:

ReputationRep:
      Compared to a lot of places in North Wales, there is a lot of diversity, but compared to most urban areas it's a very low proportion. However, there's a variety of student groups and societies representing black and minority ethnic students.

ReputationRep:
      Yeah, I've met both of them!

ReputationRep:
      Racism!!!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.