The Student Room Group

My niceness has caught up with me and now I have a problem :S

Hey people,

My problem at the moment and has been for some years, is that I just dont know how to get with a girl. When I say I have done nothing with a girl, I mean nothing! My main problem is that i'm incredibly shy. Also I'm okay being friends with a girl but it's when I'm physically attracted to them and try to do get with them, something holds me back everytime.

When I go clubbing I see a girl I like ... I don't have it in me to go over, I'd have to be pretty drunk and you may say man up... you'd be right lol. I see guys all over girls some nights and it actually makes me feel awful sometimes.

Maybe my standards are too high, I'm a fairly good looking guy so I don't think thats my problem. I know meeting a girl at a night club is no way to start a relationship and doing it drunk is even worse.

This is my main problem really, I think far too much when I should try something. I think I'd be a great bf but maybe I'll have to wait some more...

Basically I just wanted to know your thoughts not in particular a way to help me with girls because you can't change a situation like this overnight ( if you know how please tell me lol)... because the majority of my mates have the usual thoughts and remarks... lol

Thanks
Thats not niceness, its being shy and lacking confidence. There is no easy way to do it, grow some balls and be prepared to fail. Just go talk to people, every day, all day if you can.
Reply 2
Girls are ugly get with a guy......
Reply 3
Ha what great responses... girls opinions i think would be so much better lol
Man up

That's pretty much the only reply there is, we can't MAKE you confident...
Reply 5
Fake it until you make it. No sane girl would expect an amazing relationship to start in a club so don't you expect it to either. Just get used to talking to people and it should seem like a breeze when it's a girl you really like.
Me being in the same situation as OP, its all well and good saying 'man up' and just go speak to people, but its a lot easier said than done.
I try, I get all jumbled up, they cant understand me, etc etc then I go feel **** about that particular 'conversation' and beat myself up for it.
Reply 7
Yeah I just can't seem to get passed that hurdle when I fancy a girl ... Being 20 I feel I should have had at least one relationship or sexual experience... Yeah I really do hate people that say ''man up'' but it is the truth really :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending