Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Just had inspection Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just had a flat inspection by the EA's and they told me if I continue to dry clothes on the radiators they will charge me for new wallpaper! Its not caused any damage whatsoever to the walls - I don't know where the hell else they expect me to dry my stuff, last time I used an airer it took well over a week and things were still damp....nevermind the fact the whole house needs repainting due to the rising damp anyway - which the guy just said they were aware of before I even moved in - funny how they didn't mention that when I viewed the place

ReputationRep:
    Hey Suzie!

Oh that is ridiculous! Mind you, when I was living in halls, I had a really bad experience. The person before me had stuck posters or something and the paint had stripped off.

Anyway, I put a poster over it to cover it up but using white tack.

Next thing I know, they bill me for repainting it all! What annoys me is that if they billed the person before me - surely the money should of gone into repainting my room!

ReputationRep:
    What are EAs?

Damp clothing on radiators will lift wallpaper behind and around the radiator.
    Use a dryer at a launderette.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sonyhamster)
    Hey Suzie!

Oh that is ridiculous! Mind you, when I was living in halls, I had a really bad experience. The person before me had stuck posters or something and the paint had stripped off.

Anyway, I put a poster over it to cover it up but using white tack.

Next thing I know, they bill me for repainting it all! What annoys me is that if they billed the person before me - surely the money should of gone into repainting my room!
    Yeah its so annoying - I swear they don't really do half the things they say they will. My carpets were meant to be being 'thouroughly cleaned' before I moved in - I ended up putting the hoover on and sucking up tonnes of cat fur...thoroughly cleaned my arse! Likewise you should see the backs of the curtains - I could make a cat out of the amount of fur!

On another note I hate how LL and EA lie - They made no mention about anything to do with damp or any other problems before we moved in, I move in find the previous tenant did a runner - Im stuck with the bailiffs coming round for her debts and the walls wernt repainted due to her 'decorating skills' but to cover the falling apartness due to the damp....good job this flat is cheap.:rolleyes:

Im dreading leaving this place, doubt well get much of the deposit back - the OH stuck up a poster with white tack and half the paint on the wall came off....now its hiding under a clock. Someone also ironed the lounge floor (huge burn mark) thankfully thats noted in the inventory otherwise Im sure they'd try to charge me for 're-carpeting'

(Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    What are EAs?

Damp clothing on radiators will lift wallpaper behind and around the radiator.
    Use a dryer at a launderette.
    Estate Agents. I don't know of any laundrette in a 5 mile radius.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.